Over the air digital television in Argentina

canadien

Registered
Might anyone know if televisions purchased in Argentina are usually able to tune into networks broadcasting digitally OTA (over the air) using an antenna?

Also, if I purchase a television in Canada with dual voltage and bring it down, is the OTA tuner used in Canada able to receive OTA digital transmissions in Argentina.

Lastly, are there any television networks in Argentina that broadcast OTA that have programming of any interest?

I do not plan to get a satellite dish or cable in Argentina since we only watch television occasionaly. (Why a tv then? : mostly for watching movies.)

Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question about OTA Argentina as I don't use it. However, I use my TV much the same way you use yours - mostly for movies.

To that end I have Hulu (free) and Netflix. To get these you'll need to get a proxy server. If you aren't tech savvy don't worry, this sounds more complicated than it really is. I also download films from iTunes and Amazon.com.

I use my laptop to stream movies and wirelessly connect to my flatscreen. Works like a charm. Of course we now have cable TV because my wife had to have TV Globo (she's Brasilian).

You might also check into www.ustvnow.com a free internet tv stream from the US.

Hope this helps.

I do plan to stream from my laptop to the TV using proxy servers.

Thanks GS Dirtboy!

There are around 20 free channels on the air. You can check some info googling "tdt" ( television digital terrestre)

Back