Overpriced Tickets to Rio, Any Solutions?

polostar88

Registered
Trying to fly (one-way preferably, but whatever's cheaper) Buenos Aires to Rio soon and all tickets seem just way overpriced. Was wondering if anyone had a different resource for discount plane ticket to Rio. Thanks.

Contact Ben an excellent Travel agent on the Forum. Sure you explores Kayak and cheaptickets etc

Last edited:
Trying to fly (one-way preferably, but whatever's cheaper) Buenos Aires to Rio soon and all tickets seem just way overpriced. Was wondering if anyone had a different resource for discount plane ticket to Rio. Thanks.

No idea what quotes you've been getting but one way intra S America flights are amongst the most expensive I've ever seen. Returns are often cheaper. Where are you going after Rio?

No idea what quotes you've been getting but one way intra S America flights are amongst the most expensive I've ever seen. Returns are often cheaper. Where are you going after Rio?

It used to be about $200 for a one-way, more for a roundtrip. It's still more for roundtrip. At the moment you can still fly for less than $200 to Chile from here, I think also Asuncion. It didn't use to be so expensive. Sometimes travel agencies used to have special round trip deals though.

I don't know, planning to stay in Rio for a while after here...

A one way direct flight to Rio (starting at € 400) is ridiculously expensive. The more affordable options you are given if you use one of the search engines as kayak (starting at €350)are usualy with a one stop flight either via Santiago de Chile or Sao Paolo ( even via Panama City with COPA) with a duration of 10 to 12 hours with LAN,Turkish airlines,Qatar airways even Ethiopian airways. If there is no rush and there is an adventuies side of yours take the 20 hour bus ride from Retiro to Porto Alegre,Brazil and from there fly to Rio into Santos Doman airport (the equivalent to Aeropargue next to the city center) for less than Us$ 100.

Depends on what season March? April? choose always round trip suggest Azul Airlines 1 stop . Price estimate US$450 .

$200 maybe ? Long time Ago?:rolleyes:

Back