Overstay Fine/Fee

Frank2000

Registered
Has anyone recently left the country and paid the overstay fee? I want to know if immigration knows not the count the months where the government was automatically extending the tourist visa? Or do you have to somehow remind them or convince them to recalculate the overstay amount?

Has anyone recently left the country and paid the overstay fee? I want to know if immigration knows not the count the months where the government was automatically extending the tourist visa? Or do you have to somehow remind them or convince them to recalculate the overstay amount?
good question. I doubt they would do it automatically you might have to argue and ask to speak with the "supervisor"

I just left the country and paid a 'simple' overstay. I went to migration at about 8:15... paid my late fee which was for a few weeks. My point...courteous people who knew their business. Worrying about it is not going to change anything and I doubt that they need your help.

I just left the country and paid a 'simple' overstay. I went to migration at about 8:15... paid my late fee which was for a few weeks. My point...courteous people who knew their business. Worrying about it is not going to change anything and I doubt that they need your help.
I guess I need to make my question a little clearer. I am not worried about the money, but the logistics. I entered the country in January of 2020. Will they ask me to pay 2+ year fee or less than 2 year fee? So I know how much peso to bring with me. I guess I will bring enough for 2+ years just in case. I assume the bank only takes cash and not credit card? Thank you to all you helpful people.

I guess I need to make my question a little clearer. I am not worried about the money, but the logistics. I entered the country in January of 2020. Will they ask me to pay 2+ year fee or less than 2 year fee? So I know how much peso to bring with me. I guess I will bring enough for 2+ years just in case. I assume the bank only takes cash and not credit card? Thank you to all you helpful people.

In the not so distant past it was possible to pay the overstay fee on line with a credit card.

If you pay in cash at the bank in the airport,as Caribean Cool posted, the payment must be made in pesos.

Go to migration a week before you are leaving.....ask them how much you owe.....pay the fee, in pesos. They will give you a letter allowing you to leave, which you will have to have with you. After you pay, go out for coffee and ice cream. Question...since the Argentinians are famous for complicating things....how do you intend on complicating this simple procedure?

Go to migration a week before you are leaving.....ask them how much you owe.....pay the fee, in pesos. They will give you a letter allowing you to leave, which you will have to have with you. After you pay, go out for coffee and ice cream. Question...since the Argentinians are famous for complicating things....how do you intend on complicating this simple procedure?
You assume I live in B.A. Don't.

You assume I live in B.A. Don't.
Where are you? You can email them? Call? Also they have offices not only in bsas, mine was always responding.
I think they should calculate it all right, as you had fuerza major from march 2020 till October 2021(not sure but más o menos).

Where are you? You can email them? Call? Also they have offices not only in bsas, mine was always responding.
I think they should calculate it all right, as you had fuerza major from march 2020 till October 2021(not sure but más o menos).
No worries, I will take more than enough cash with me. I am sure there will be great opportunities at the airport to spend the leftover if there is any. Thank you all for your helpful replies.

Back