Overstayed my visa rather a long time..

holliegolightly

Registered
Hi everyone,
I know there are many threads about visas on this site etc... but i was looking for some advice... I came in to the country june 2010 and i still havent left (on a 90 day tourist visa) my plan eventually is to get residency, but right now no (funds limited)... i was just wondering if anyone knew whether i should have a serious problem if i go to uruguay, pay the fine, smile sweetly and if question make up a story about having had an accident? and if i can come back to argentina again?
any advice would be really appreciated as im pretty freaked out to be honest and i really am not comfortable almost approaching a year overstay on my 90 day visa!!
thanks in advance

June 2009: that's nearly two years. If you plan to stay and you want to stay, maybe you should read the threads on applying for citizenship before doing anything else.

Why go now? It won't change anything.

If you can demonstrate a "legal means of making a living" to a judge you may find citizenship an alternative worth considering. You don't have to have anywhere near the high foreign income required for temporary residency and the court does not charge a fee. You only need your passport and birth certificate (no translation or Apostille required) and a certificado de domicilio. You already have almost the two years of residency required for citizenship, so that isn't an issue, either.

Argentine Citizenship for foreigners: Can it really be this easy?

Don't bother. Just stay off the radar screen until have to travel. Then pay the fine.

If you live in Capital Federal, then the birth certificate is not needed.
I already stated cases with less than 2 years without inconvenience. My argument is that you need the 2 year by the time you will be granted with citizenship. They accepted it.
Regards

In that case you should wait until june 2011 to start the application for citizenship. As soon as you start it is better because you can stop any issue regarding the DGM. Take a look at the thread about citizenship for foreigners, today I stopped a deportation order because of the citizenship file.

There were many questions about how are they enforcing the new deportation decree. I was like 4 hours waiting there and there were 2 Americans, 14 Dominicans, 24 people from south America, 22 Chinese and 5 people from Africa. So, they are enforcing with Americans as well. I think that the % is lower because you are "eligible" for deportation as soon as you try to regularize your immigration status at DGM. As far as expats were going to Colonia or staying illegally, they stayed under the radar.

Regards

holliegolightly said:
Hi everyone,
I know there are many threads about visas on this site etc... but i was looking for some advice... I came in to the country june 2010 and i still havent left (on a 90 day tourist visa) my plan eventually is to get residency, but right now no (funds limited)... i was just wondering if anyone knew whether i should have a serious problem if i go to uruguay, pay the fine, smile sweetly and if question make up a story about having had an accident? and if i can come back to argentina again?
any advice would be really appreciated as im pretty freaked out to be honest and i really am not comfortable almost approaching a year overstay on my 90 day visa!!
thanks in advance
the fines are a bit more now, they went from 50pesos which I paid after a years overstay to 150. 12 argentine entry stamps is a bit much so I´m beginning the search for good lawyers, my consul knew of an Indian family that got DNI´s and residency after only four months here! But I still believe its going to be less of a headache to stay off the grid...;)

Raymond said:
the fines are a bit more now, they went from 50pesos which I paid after a years overstay to 150. 12 argentine entry stamps is a bit much so I´m beginning the search for good lawyers, my consul knew of an Indian family that got DNI´s and residency after only four months here! But I still believe its going to be less of a headache to stay off the grid...;)

You must have paid your last overstay at least two years ago. The fine is now $300 pesos and rumors abound the fee will soon increase to $500.

Back