Overstaying 90-day limit

Last question: Will I always risk being denied reentry? Even years down the road? Would love to come back someday..

You will only have one overstay recorded in the system.

You should be able to return in the future without any trouble.

Thats a normal-case scenario though, right? I assume it would be different since I'm an overstayer. I'm wondering more specifically what happens when I pay the fine, leave, an then try to come back...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

What I wrote applies in equal measure to someone who has overstayed, as long as the fine was duly paid.

You will not be refused entry because of an overstay. You might be denied entry because of an impression that you are not actually visiting, but living here and as such misrepresenting yourself as a tourist. An overstay contributes to that assumption - but is not the only or final factor.

The likelihood of that happening is not terribly high - even with your overstay. Less so given the evidence of your traveling all over South America. Doubly less so considering you won’t be entering through Ezeiza (where the couple of zealous agents appear to be stationed).

Can I promise you it won’t happen? No. But the probability is quite low.

(To answer your last question, in the worst of the worst case where it does happen, this is by no means a lifetime ban. A couple years down no one will care. But again, that’s assuming you’re kicked out now - which will probably not happen).

A lot depends on nationality of your passport, the treatment you will receive.

That answers my question! Thanks for all of the valuable information everybody!

A lot depends on nationality of your passport, the treatment you will receive.

I am, frankly, appalled.
How DARE you make the insinuation that Argentines would be guilty of discrimination - or worse, racism?
Argentines are the least racist people there is anywhere in the world. Believe me.

EDIT (because people are idiots): the above was a JOKE.

It's highly unlikely you'll have a problem with 1 overstay. Before I got my DNI I overstayed a couple of times and know of many people who have overstayed 3+ times and still were admitted entry. Every couple of years there are whispers of the immigration system getting more tight, but expats having problems aren't common. The Ks aren't as focused on law and order as the current administration, so I don't foresee a crackdown in the next 4 years at least.

It's highly unlikely you'll have a problem with 1 overstay. Before I got my DNI I overstayed a couple of times and know of many people who have overstayed 3+ times and still were admitted entry. Every couple of years there are whispers of the immigration system getting more tight, but expats having problems aren't common. The Ks aren't as focused on law and order as the current administration, so I don't foresee a crackdown in the next 4 years at least.
The K’s are focus on the Bill of Rights that invites all the people of the world to immigrate to Argentina.

The fact is that the immigration agents have wide freedom and they can do whatever they want. So, your best chance is to overstay until you leave.
If you want to live here, then the best option is to apply for citizenship because the application might be your pass out of jail:

Hello. I've read the entire thread And I'm not sure if my situation applies but I really need someone thay knows about this to advice please... I've been visa running for the past year and a bit, occassional chile plane flight or buquebus colonia trip to renew 90 day. So far it was fine until last time an immigration officer scolded me about irregularities doing this and was told to "fix my situation if I want to stay in Arg". However I was let in fine. I've done a big trip to Europe now so i'mnot sure how that will play when I return. I'm afraid of being denied entry. (I am staying there out of love for my partner and we hope yo sort things through soon, but life has been bumpy and lead to this..)
Please help! Are visa runs comoletely illegal or are they irregular, and would entry be denied for being permatourist at discresion of any particular officer? Is that down to luck or could I be arrested?
thank you

Hello. I've read the entire thread And I'm not sure if my situation applies but I really need someone thay knows about this to advice please... I've been visa running for the past year and a bit, occassional chile plane flight or buquebus colonia trip to renew 90 day. So far it was fine until last time an immigration officer scolded me about irregularities doing this and was told to "fix my situation if I want to stay in Arg". However I was let in fine. I've done a big trip to Europe now so i'mnot sure how that will play when I return. I'm afraid of being denied entry. (I am staying there out of love for my partner and we hope yo sort things through soon, but life has been bumpy and lead to this..)
Please help! Are visa runs comoletely illegal or are they irregular, and would entry be denied for being permatourist at discresion of any particular officer? Is that down to luck or could I be arrested?
thank you

it's completely at the discretion of the individual migraciones agent a the border whether or not to let you in or deny entry for abusing the I-94 (aka tourist permit).

As you are presently in Europe it might be a better idea to fly to Uruguay and then return to Argentina by bus. This has been suggested a number of time by Bajo_Cero2 (an Argentine lawyer).

You still may be denied entry, but you won't have to return to Europe.

In any case, you will not be arrested.

PS to my previous post: Hopefully, your trips to multiple countries (Chile, Uruguay, and Europe) will bolster your "image" as a "globe trotter" in the eyes of the border agent, as opposed to that of a "pseudo-tourist" in Argentina.

Back