OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

M

momo_ars

Guys! Your help would obviously be very helpful.
There are no flights available until after my 90 days tourist visit expiry date?
Any special circumstances accommodations on that end from the arg. gov.?
How do I extend it until my flight.
I'm trying to leave but...I just can't... :\

Are they planning on automatically extending that every 30 days for the next year? As these "end of quarantine dates" the government keeps coming up with are a joke. They need to just be honest and say the quarantine will last all of 2020 and be done with it.

Of course they won't because then people might actually react, they intend to boil this frog slowly.

Are they planning on automatically extending that every 30 days for the next year? As these "end of quarantine dates" the government keeps coming up with are a joke. They need to just be honest and say the quarantine will last all of 2020 and be done with it.

Of course they won't because then people might actually react, they intend to boil this frog slowly.
You are asking for a rigid approach when the President was crystal clear about his flexibility. Nobody knows what it is going to happened because the virus is new. There are a lot of predictions but no facts.

Its like water torture how governments are treating their citizens . This continual extension of the quarantines keeps the prisoners hopeful and at the end if a piece of bread is thrown at them they will accept anything .

Its like water torture how governments are treating their citizens . This continual extension of the quarantines keeps the prisoners hopeful and at the end if a piece of bread is thrown at them they will accept anything .
Seems nobody wants to be treated with the freedom of Bolsonaro, Piñeira or Trump, not even Americans in the US.

Except the vast majority of people support quarantine, only old crazy conspiracy theorists don't.

The vast majority of people (say 75%? and it was 80% four days ago) support quarantine, it's true, but make no mistake, this percentage is falling, probably by the day. And the government knows that. It's a very delicate situation we are in.

a buttinski here, but, as I read the decree, it only applies to various types of expiring residency documents and delayed applications related to them, and NOT to 90-day tourist visas. C. However, since the Migraciones offices have been closed since March 16, except for the border or airport exit/entrance where you cannot get the paperwork done, no paperwork for extensions (prorroga) or "rehabilitation with order to leave within 10 days" can be done. The Migraciones site only says that everything is shut down except for "emergencies". As far as I know, there has not been any change or modification or grace period for visas expiring during the lockdown. Perhaps, there may be in the future (or not), as there have been some amnesties in some other countries (not the US) for overstaying visas due to the virus. I assume that, at the present time, the normal fines for non-rehabiltated overstaying presently have to be paid at the airport for leaving late on a tourist visa, even if it is "not the tourist's fault" (can of worms) because of the virus lockdown situation (I do not know if this is accurate). This is all speculation and 3rd-hand info on my part, not hard fact, and I am notan Immigration lawyer here . Also, there may not be any special dispensation for tourist visas expiring during the border lockdowns. When "it" is "over", Migraciones may just shrug and say that the normal overstay procedure continues, tough luck. We will have to wait and see.
Sorry for the rambling writing, but it is not a simple issue.

Back