OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

Hello everyone- any updates on this as my "tourist visa" is about to expire- wondering if any options at this point in time. Thank you in advance. Lorianne

Hello everyone- any updates on this as my "tourist visa" is about to expire- wondering if any options at this point in time. Thank you in advance. Lorianne

If your visa is about to expire on or before 14 June it's automatically extended by 30 days. So for instance, if it expires on June 10, it now expires on July 10. It's almost guaranteed that this deadline will be extended beyond June 14 to cover all stamps/residency expiring up to mid-July...and who knows even more...but as of today this is what we know.

According to gov.uk: "The 90-day permission for tourists to stay in Argentina is being extended each month by 30 days, if your original 90 days expired after 17 March. The latest extension was announced on 15 May."

Has anyone heard any updates? I assume the visas are going to/was extended again?

I was able to enter Argentina on a precaria that expired approx 2 months ago without issue. They are just auto extending for the time being. This is the latest news from my visa people also.

Has anyone heard any updates? I assume the visas are going to/was extended again?

Yes extended as of yesterday. They keep kicking the can down the road with another 30 days -- instead of just extending it for 90 days as they should and give people some peace of mind and ability to plan better.

My residencia temporaria expires in August 2020. I cannot extend it right now because I need some paperwork in order to start the process in Radex and due to the cuarentena nothing is being tramitado. Granted latest indication is that the cuarentena will last at least till end of August, it's very safe to assume that my residency will automatically be extended for 30 days. However, the question is what would happen if I leave in July and want to return in say September?

Reactions: Moe
My residencia temporaria expires in August 2020. I cannot extend it right now because I need some paperwork in order to start the process in Radex and due to the cuarentena nothing is being tramitado. Granted latest indication is that the cuarentena will last at least till end of August, it's very safe to assume that my residency will automatically be extended for 30 days. However, the question is what would happen if I leave in July and want to return in say September?
You are wrong. The emergency Decree says clearly until March 2020 and its renovations are automatic [as I said long time ago].
Seems you are not going to be able to return becase of sanitary restrictions.

You are wrong. The emergency Decree says clearly until March 2020 and its renovations are automatic [as I said long time ago].
Seems you are not going to be able to return becase of sanitary restrictions.
Care you clarify? There re people — including in this thread — that we’re able to return on expired precaria.

Back