OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

I was able to return on an expired precaria. It had all the extension decrees printer out in my big pile of paper when I came through customs earlier this month.

I'm still waiting for my new dni... Since Dec 2019....

I was able to return on an expired precaria. It had all the extension decrees printer out in my big pile of paper when I came through customs earlier this month.

I'm still waiting for my new dni... Since Dec 2019....
Are you getting a permanent or temp residency? Were you outside of the country as of March 17 or you traveled after and then came back?

You are wrong. The emergency Decree says clearly until March 2020 and its renovations are automatic [as I said long time ago].
Seems you are not going to be able to return becase of sanitary restrictions.

I also don't really care to return BEFORE the sanitary situation is over anyhow (that's the reason I am considering going away for some time -- granted that the quarantine will be on until September here {CFK/Christina - the one running the country -- has told her close circle that the cuanrentena will be in place till end of August). I just want to make sure I return on a temporary residence (extended by the situation) rather then have to reenter as a tourist and re-apply from scratch.

Care you clarify? There re people — including in this thread — that we’re able to return on expired precaria.
Tourism is closed. So, it is a high risk to leave the country on a tourist visa. Your re entry can be easy denied on sanitary excuses. Visas were not expired as I told you several times, the administrative deadlines are frozen. A person with a precaria has the right to re enter no questions ask the same right I have to drive with my expired driver license and police didn't disturbed me for that. If you have a tourist admission, you do not have, for the immigration agents who decide on your re entry, the right to be admitted at your re enter. My advice is to do not leave the country.

Tourism is closed. So, it is a high risk to leave the country on a tourist visa. Your re entry can be easy denied on sanitary excuses. Visas were not expired as I told you several times, the administrative deadlines are frozen. A person with a precaria has the right to re enter no questions ask the same right I have to drive with my expired driver license and police didn't disturbed me for that. If you have a tourist admission, you do not have, for the immigration agents who decide on your re entry, the right to be admitted at your re enter. My advice is to do not leave the country.

I am NOT on a tourist visa. I have a DNI with residencia temporaria.

Are you getting a permanent or temp residency? Were you outside of the country as of March 17 or you traveled after and then came back?

I have temp residency. I renewed my DNI in dec but still haven't received it so I'm still on precaria. I left AR on 3/10.

I did not have to enter on a tourist visa ( I think this is impossible anyways). They just stamped the back of my expired precaria like normal.

My tourist visa technically expired on May 7, 2020. I tried to renew, but the immigration office was closed. I wrote to Migraciones and they replied that I should renew after June 28.

Does anyone know if it is possible to renew a tourist visa in Buenos Aires now, and if so, how to do this? Has there been any official update on this topic? Thanks in advance.

My tourist visa technically expired on May 7, 2020. I tried to renew, but the immigration office was closed. I wrote to Migraciones and they replied that I should renew after June 28.

Does anyone know if it is possible to renew a tourist visa in Buenos Aires now, and if so, how to do this? Has there been any official update on this topic? Thanks in advance.

There is a rolling automatic 30 day extension for tourist visas, according to the UK embassy, and other sources on this board. You might be able to do a visa run to Uruguay fairly soon if the border opens up (the owner of Buquebus recently insisited this could happen in "15 days," but I would't count on it).

Any ideas if Student visas will be extended? Mine expires in Mid-August and I'm wondering if i'll have to try and figure out a visa run of some sorts

There is a rolling automatic 30 day extension for tourist visas, according to the UK embassy, and other sources on this board. You might be able to do a visa run to Uruguay fairly soon if the border opens up (the owner of Buquebus recently insisited this could happen in "15 days," but I would't count on it).
Just a headsup for any Brits thinking of leaving for Dear Old Blighty: it is really worthwhile checking out the FCO information on the gov.uk site from time to time and especially so if you are thinking of leaving soon. . One recent addition is an on-line form that must be completed before travel back to the UK. In it you are asked to provide information pertaining to the 14 day quarantine currently imposed by the UK on incoming passengers.

Back