OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

It could be true: only a month ago Telecom Argentina fell victim to a ransomware attack. It made the international news.

It could be true: only a month ago Telecom Argentina fell victim to a ransomware attack. It made the international news.
I have a friend who acts as a private contractor for Telecom Argentina. From what was shared with me, there was a lot of activity in the background fixing this mess. These hacks are quite expensive events.

he told me it would be the 14th before the office could even do a simple search in their database.

I left on friday and was told to go pay the fine when I got to check in. Well I had to walk from teminal C to A just to be told that KLM are wrong and I dont have to pay....

So apparently if you arrived after 17th of March you will have to pay the fee but if you arrived before then you will not have to pay.

I left on friday and was told to go pay the fine when I got to check in. Well I had to walk from teminal C to A just to be told that KLM are wrong and I dont have to pay....

So apparently if you arrived after 17th of March you will have to pay the fee but if you arrived before then you will not have to pay.

For future reference, how much is the fine?

For future reference, how much is the fine?

No MERCOSUR

• Extranjero NO MERCOSUR residente irregular hasta 2 años: $4500
  • Extranjero NO MERCOSUR residente irregular de 2 a 4 años: $9000
  • Extranjero NO MERCOSUR residente irregular superior a 4 años o imposibilidad de demostrar la fecha de ingreso: $15000
About 35 USD if you overstayed up to 2 years. But in any case as long as you entered before March 17 there is no multa. Stamps are automatically extended. Some worthless check in counter agent that prolly can't spell 'multa' correctly messed up.

Made it back to la Republica with an expired DNI/residencia temporaria (expired in August 2020). Biggest challenge was trying to explain to the airline staff in Brazil that I am good to go. Had a letter from the AR embassy just in case (40 dollars tasa consular) and printed the latest Migraciones decree extending residencies. Still it took a lot of convincing. Once at Ezeiza, the migraciones staff were unprepared to deal with the case. They had no idea how to put me into the system as it had not been updated to account for the auto extension (in 6 months no one had bothered to send them a memo or patch the system) nor did they know what to put under "final date" of residency in the passport. Eventually they figured something out and gave me "30 dias". YMMV.

Made it back to la Republica with an expired DNI/residencia temporaria (expired in August 2020). Biggest challenge was trying to explain to the airline staff in Brazil that I am good to go. Had a letter from the AR embassy just in case (40 dollars tasa consular) and printed the latest Migraciones decree extending residencies. Still it took a lot of convincing. Once at Ezeiza, the migraciones staff were unprepared to deal with the case. They had no idea how to put me into the system as it had not been updated to account for the auto extension (in 6 months no one had bothered to send them a memo or patch the system) nor did they know what to put under "final date" of residency in the passport. Eventually they figured something out and gave me "30 dias". YMMV.
The best practice is to have so many papers printed out that they get tired and figure you must be right. I was in a similar situation and rocked up to the desk with a stack of about 30 papers and put it on the counter. After the guy having to speak to his manager they told me I had 3 days to get a new precaria. That was almost 4 months ago.

Back