OverStaying in argentina due to COVID-19

Hey Everybody,

So the original DNU that keeps getting extended for 30 days will be expiring around March 20th, 2021.

I arrived here in February 2020 on a 90 day tourist stamp (no visa required) and remained here on the DNU.

Can I get the 90 day tourist extension from the immigration control office? Or do I wait to see if the legislature passes another DNU extending the existing visas for additional 30 day increments?

I want to stay here for the time being, but need to know if a border run will be necessary or not to reset my 90/180 timeframe for the tourist vista.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If you do a border run, you are not going to be accepted back.
overstay if neccesary, wait and see what happens, apply for residency or citizenship if you plan to stay.

Please ignore my prior post - found information on another thread.

Hey Everybody,

So the original DNU that keeps getting extended for 30 days will be expiring around March 20th, 2021.

I arrived here in February 2020 on a 90 day tourist stamp (no visa required) and remained here on the DNU.

Can I get the 90 day tourist extension from the immigration control office? Or do I wait to see if the legislature passes another DNU extending the existing visas for additional 30 day increments?

I want to stay here for the time being, but need to know if a border run will be necessary or not to reset my 90/180 timeframe for the tourist vista.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi. Can anyone confirm whether or not these overstay extensions did indeed end? If so, I take it then that someone who would have been irregular but for the extension back in May of 2020 will now need to pay the overstay fee before leaving, correct? Finally, does anyone know if the Migraciones and bank offices in EZE are still open to do this trámite? Thanks.

Jakes,

My understanding is that the same process is continuing until December 2021.

The latest monthly renewal dated 3/23/21 extending is here;

Hi. Can anyone confirm whether or not these overstay extensions did indeed end? If so, I take it then that someone who would have been irregular but for the extension back in May of 2020 will now need to pay the overstay fee before leaving, correct? Finally, does anyone know if the Migraciones and bank offices in EZE are still open to do this trámite? Thanks.
No -- they are still extending for 30 days as Nomad pointed out.

NomadTrader, thanks so much for the information. Much appreciated.

Sorry if this has been covered in other threads but: is it possible to apply for residency on an expired tourist visa? Without leaving and getting a fresh entry stamp

Back