Overstaying The 90 Day Visa

Just a quick up date, a friend of my was almost refused entry to Argentina after doing a visa run. She has been here on a tourist visa for just over two years. If she does it again they said they will be banned from Argentina.

I´m looking for some educated speculation or advice. I´ve been here since 2007 on a tourist visa, leaving and returning many times. My visa is packed with Argeninte and Uruguayan stamps. I´ve been yelled at 3 times once before boarding buquebus in puerto madero and twice in carmelo before boarding.

Most likely I´ll be getting married here by the end of the year, but until then I need to make it through the year here without being deported and I need to return to the US in June, before returning to AR again in August.

I arrived back to AR at the end of Jan so my visa runs out at the end of this month. I don´t have the extra cash at the moment to return to the US right now so my only options are go to Uruguay again on a visa run or overstay. I´ve already overstayed my visa twice though. If I overstay it 3 times will I have problems returning in July?

My passport could technically be renewed too, and I could get a fresh passport with no stamps, but I´ve read on this forum that this doesn´t matter because they record all your entries and exits.

I realize I´ve been abusing the spirit of the law for a while but any advice to best get through this year before becoming legal would be appreciated. Thanks!

Overstay again or visa run with Argentine fiance?

How many times can you overstay a visa? I've been here for a while and was planning a visa run to colonia this weekend. Now this has me thinking it may just be better to overstay. I'm trying to set up a business here this year though, would overstaying too many times affect that?

Yes, I don't recommend visa runs. The Chinese and Africans don't do it and neither should you. In any Argentine immigration irregularity you have to know the magic words. Sorry, I can't share them here.

@la guachita - Not catching your drift about the magic words..I'm assuming you're advocating something illegal. Where can you share the "magic words" ?

Cheers

I think the "magic words" depend on the immigration agent, your cleavage and whether the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

I renewed my tourist visa by going to Colonia, Uruguay from 1999-Dec 2011, never overstaying the 90-day period. On only five occasions, I went to migraciones to pay for an extension and was given a final extension by them. At that point I was preparing to apply for residency. Then I read about citizenship and started the process a year ago. My lawyer advised that I did not have to leave the country to renew my visa during the process. Migraciones doesn't ignore an expired visa because their records contain all entrances and exits. I have received three citations by mail from migraciones asking me to show up at their offices with my passport. Under advice of my lawyer, I have not gone there and run the risk of being arrested. Migraciones has been notified of my case for citizenship by the courts. They could initiate deportation proceedings without it, but I hope to have citizenship papers soon. I take the law very seriously. I have renewed my tourist visa all these years because I was allowed to leave and enter without problems.

Back