Overstaying The 90 Day Visa

So, I've overstayed my visa with the intention of paying the fine when I leave in June. However I'm planning on bussing to El Bolson next month, and I know there are police stops along the highways. When I went to Iguazu, we were stopped at one and our passports were checked, and an officer took me off the bus and told me that I had to leave and return to the country for another 90 day renewal. I was tired so I didn't really catch all of what she was saying, but in any case I continued on my way... but now that I've been here six months, I'm worried about any other kind of consequences at a police stop? Is there anything they can do other than just, give me a roadside lecture?

My dad is probably reading this and freaking out. Sorry Dad!

Same happen with a friend of mine from Germany on september when we went to Iguazu, they stop 4 times the bus and every time they ask my friend her documents and they made her empty every pocket of her backpack, she was having every paper in order even so the police ask her some questions, i was in the seat on her side and they didn't ask me nothing and 2 guys from bolivia were discussing with the police and taken out from the bus to the police car when they say they didn't carry their documents with them, after this she ask me if this was normal and i coulnd't answer as i normally travel to patagonia and was my first time traveling to the north but i never saw this happening when i go to the south of the country so i wouldn't be worry about if you go to Bariloche.

When I arrived in Argentina I knew I'd be staying a long time. Instead of crossing the border every 90 days I decided it would be less hassle and costly to overstay the visa and pay the fine once rather than a buque bus several times. It's now been 2 years!

On Wednesday I'm going to Jorge Newbury to travel to Brazil. Does anyone know if the fine still sits at $300?
Will any of this be effected by my longer than usual stay or that I have since received a new passport with no stamps inside?
I'm assuming all is recorded on their system.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the answers guys. So, the results are in..
At the check in desk I told them it's a new passport, cheekly hoping they'd just let me go without paying the fine. They sent me to migrations.
They do have access to exact dates of entry, it's all recorded so it doesn't matter if it's a different or new passport. They couldn't care less about the fact I've over stayed by about 2 years and within 15 minutes I had paid the AR$300 in cash and was on my way.

This morning I arrived in Argentina and was asked nothing other than the address where I'll be staying which I stated to be "la casa de un amigo".
It just seems too easy to be true...

Well, it's the law.
All the fears are regarding to the US immigration act that is not valid in Argentina. If you overstay 1 day there you have an automatic ban, I think it is for 10 years.
Here the law try to help you to get a residency. So, to get a ban only happends after an administrative trial that usually happends when you apply for a residency and gets rejected.
Regards

Experience last week: Migraciones in downtown refused to extend/grant another 90-day visa for "perma-tourist" with lots of stamps for arriving in Argentina. Migraciones offered two options: Leave the country and come back in, or pay at the airport. Cost is 300 ars, whether you extend at the office in Argentina or at the airport. Stern advice was to "regularize."

Experience last week: Migraciones in downtown refused to extend/grant another 90-day visa for "perma-tourist" with lots of stamps for arriving in Argentina. Migraciones offered two options: Leave the country and come back in, or pay at the airport. Cost is 300 ars, whether you extend at the office in Argentina or at the airport. Stern advice was to "regularize."
Well, to go to the dnm building to "extend" your i-94 is the best way to get a deportation order with a ban of 10 years.

Same happen with a friend of mine from Germany on september when we went to Iguazu, they stop 4 times the bus and every time they ask my friend her documents and they made her empty every pocket of her backpack, she was having every paper in order even so the police ask her some questions, i was in the seat on her side and they didn't ask me nothing and 2 guys from bolivia were discussing with the police and taken out from the bus to the police car when they say they didn't carry their documents with them, after this she ask me if this was normal and i coulnd't answer as i normally travel to patagonia and was my first time traveling to the north but i never saw this happening when i go to the south of the country so i wouldn't be worry about if you go to Bariloche.

Well same thing happens if you travel by bus from San Diego to LA, at police checkpoints, Camp Penderton,, La Migra climbs on the bus with dogs and if you look Latino you are asked for ID, and your hand luggage may be searched. Illegals are removed from the bus handcuffed and entered into a bus for deportation to Tijuana...!!

So, I've overstayed my visa with the intention of paying the fine when I leave in June. However I'm planning on bussing to El Bolson next month, and I know there are police stops along the highways. When I went to Iguazu, we were stopped at one and our passports were checked, and an officer took me off the bus and told me that I had to leave and return to the country for another 90 day renewal. I was tired so I didn't really catch all of what she was saying, but in any case I continued on my way... but now that I've been here six months, I'm worried about any other kind of consequences at a police stop? Is there anything they can do other than just, give me a roadside lecture?

My dad is probably reading this and freaking out. Sorry Dad!

Control checks inside the frontiers are illegals.
Next time you said that your lawyer adviced you to pay the fine, that his advices is illegal because it is a desnaturalización del I-94.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1381652-no-es-ilegal-que-un-extranjero-transite-sin-documentos
Regards

Well same thing happens if you travel by bus from San Diego to LA, at police checkpoints, Camp Penderton,, La Migra climbs on the bus with dogs and if you look Latino you are asked for ID, and your hand luggage may be searched. Illegals are removed from the bus handcuffed and entered into a bus for deportation to Tijuana...!!

Well, but here is illegal.

Nice to hear that things haven't changed much with this. I haven't set foot in BA for close to a year but I'll be back soon for school, and I was wondering if my pages and pages of two+ years of border hopping would give me trouble. It appears that it won't. (Not getting a student visa because my school deemed it an unnecessary hassle for us...)

Thanks for all the answers guys. So, the results are in..
At the check in desk I told them it's a new passport, cheekly hoping they'd just let me go without paying the fine. They sent me to migrations.
They do have access to exact dates of entry, it's all recorded so it doesn't matter if it's a different or new passport. They couldn't care less about the fact I've over stayed by about 2 years and within 15 minutes I had paid the AR$300 in cash and was on my way.

This morning I arrived in Argentina and was asked nothing other than the address where I'll be staying which I stated to be "la casa de un amigo".
It just seems too easy to be true...

I have a question. Are you from the US? Did you have difficulty getting your Visa for Brazil? I thought i read that not having an up to date visa for argentina could cause problems... I think i have decided against the visa runs and am planning on paying the fee.

Back