Package not arriving...

Sanne

Registered
Hi everyone,

My mother sent me a package for christmas (!), but it still hasn't arrived. She called to the postal service in Holland and they said it was being held at customs in Argentina and it was out of their control to influence anything.

Does anyone have an experience like this? Any idea how long this can take? I guess I cannot call anywhere about this right?

Thanks!

Yes, u have to call correo argentino and provide them with the tracking # from the dutch portal service. They look your package up with the dutch tracking # and provide you with the new argentine tracking #. When packages arrive here they get assigned a national tracking number.

The longer the package is at Ezeiza customs, the more expensive it is to claim it. I would follow up immediately and go to the airport ASAP.

Sanne, mocht je naar Ezeiza gaan voor dat pakketje, zou je dan je ervaring kunnen vertellen? Ik wil een vriendin van me in Bernal een pakketje sturen maar ik vrees dat het dan ook bij de Douane terechtkomt. Aan de hand van jouw ervaring kan ik dan aan haar aangeven wat ze het beste kan doen in dat geval.

Gracias

Why do I have to pay if somebody sends me a package? It was already something like 32 euros to send it in the first place...

And I can just go there and collect it?? They won't send it to my address?

Sanne said:
Why do I have to pay if somebody sends me a package? It was already something like 32 euros to send it in the first place...

And I can just go there and collect it?? They won't send it to my address?

Welcome to Argentina. But to be fair it's the same anywhere that what may freely be sent from one country does not exactly match what may freely be received in another. I used to have the same problem in the UK with imports from the USA.

elhombresinnombre said:
Welcome to Argentina. But to be fair it's the same anywhere that what may freely be sent from one country does not exactly match what may freely be received in another. I used to have the same problem in the UK with imports from the USA.

That's pretty much any package sent to any country. I used to sell lots of stuff on ebay and I would always have to fill out customs forms for anything international. Best thing is to have it send via fedex. It will be more $, but you can track it and it won't get stolen.

Usually, the package is located at the Correo Internacional building near Retiro. Then they send you a notice to your home with a tracking number and a maximun date to pick it up ( about 2 weeks time).
If you do not pick it up before that date ,then they begin to charge you some pesos per day. Good luck.

Hey. I just called to coreo argentino and found out that it already arrived at the end of december! But I never got the notices. Anyway, I can pick it up tomorrow in Retiro, hopefully it wont be too expensive. Thanks for the help everyone!

Back