Palermo/Soho rental in April

janet&chad

Registered
We are looking for a rental, nothing expensive or outrageous, something decent for a week for 2 of us in April. Looking to be there for research on our retirement on/or about April 8th and staying for a week.
Also if possible, we would love to locate someone to show us around to a few areas, or maybe point out the best ways to get to Tigre, maybe even Mendoza. We have researched a few places, homes to buy, areas to live and are now ready to see it first hand.
Thanks in advance.

PS Thanks Jeremy for the email about your place already...it was just what we were looking for, to bad its occupied then!

Janet

The tren de la costa train is very expensive.take the retiro -tigre train for next to nowt.....

Janet & Chad here. Just wanted to thank all for their messages and advise :D.
We are booking our trip now for April, we think we found a great place in downtown BA with a balcony which we wanted too for a price we felt was reasonable, $330 US per week.
We do have one more question: in several posts it says to get a limo type vehicle from the airport to the studio for about $35 is what we have read, anyone have any suggestions? The studio apartment is just 2 blocks from the Congreso building and the Avenida de Mayo. Is this a good area too?:confused:

janet&chad said:
Janet & Chad here. Just wanted to thank all for their messages and advise :D.
We are booking our trip now for April, we think we found a great place in downtown BA with a balcony which we wanted too for a price we felt was reasonable, $330 US per week.
We do have one more question: in several posts it says to get a limo type vehicle from the airport to the studio for about $35 is what we have read, anyone have any suggestions? The studio apartment is just 2 blocks from the Congreso building and the Avenida de Mayo. Is this a good area too?:confused:

the price is fine. I don't know why you changed your mind and don't want to stay in Palermo anymore. You can find apartments for that price or a little more in Palermo.

A limo? I've never seen or heard of that. You can get a "remise" which is a car service. These are normal cars & not limos.

Mini- thanks for your reply- We were thinking (scary I know) that BA may have all the trains needed to travel to/from since we were possibly going to Tigre and even thought about Mendoza is why BA central.
And your right on the remise, I just used the wrong terms...

HowardinBA said:
The tren de la costa train is very expensive.take the retiro -tigre train for next to nowt.....

The Tren de la Costa (www.trendelacosta.com.ar) is only expensive by Argentine standards: less than four dollars US each way for non-residents, air-conditioning, wonderful views of the way into the delta and hop-on hop-off at any intermediate station without extra charge. The Retiro - Tigre train is on the Mitre line (visitors need to know that there are three railway stations at Retiro and the Mitre line runs from the one at the opposite end from the Retiro Bus Station) In my opinion the ideal compromise is to amble slowly up to Tigre on the TdlC and rattle back cheaply on the Mitre line.

Thanks so very much for the advise and info on the train...its PERFECT! we are wanting to look at Argentina as though we were living there, so toursist attraction are not what we want, local resturants,bars and the trains so we can chat with the locals too...
so thank you very much and PLEASE keep the ideas and thought headed our way.
After Mini's comment we have decided to do Palermo as our stay city too. We found one we think by the park on the 7th floor.

Again, Janet & Chad here thanking you all for your time and ideas...please keep them coming!

Back