Palermo

As a person of Sicilian lineage, and having lived here 10+ years and visited Sicily several times I've investigated this quite a bit. The short answer is not as many Sicilians immigrated here as in other places...most Italian that settled here are from other parts of Italy, where as a large portion of "Italians" in the US, particularly Chicago where I am were from Sicily.

This is obvious when one looks at the type of Italian food here in BA. Almost impossible to find typical Sicilian dishes and desserts like cannoli, sfogliatella, arancini, etc. Despite what many porteños will tell you there are few people here that really know the difference.
The Italians in Chicago really change the pizza to something else.

Wait a moment! My grandparents came from the Genova area. They, and my mom, spoke Xeneize, not Italian. It was one of the dialects of Italy. My grandfather from dad's side came to Argentina, also from Genova, but his three sisters went to San Francisco; my mom's parents ended up being farmers in Orange County.

I love Italy, Argentina and the USA and not particularly in that order!

I just want to know in which year Argentina forgot how to make pizza? Was there a shortage of tomato sauce or something?

I want to know when they forgot how to make the dough or even how to cook it. The only decent Italian pizza I have been to is in MVD there is also very authentic Italian deli that the serves dinner. Everything was imported from Italy we ate there often and it was real Italian to the bone. But there are some really good places in BA too restaurants that is.

I want to know when they forgot how to make the dough or even how to cook it. The only decent Italian pizza I have been to is in MVD there is also very authentic Italian deli that the serves dinner. Everything was imported from Italy we ate there often and it was real Italian to the bone. But there are some really good places in BA too restaurants that is.

Siamo nel Forno in Palermo, if you're looking for good pizza napoletana with tomato sauce.

Wait a moment! My grandparents came from the Genova area. They, and my mom, spoke Xeneize, not Italian. It was one of the dialects of Italy. My grandfather from dad's side came to Argentina, also from Genova, but his three sisters went to San Francisco; my mom's parents ended up being farmers in Orange County.

I love Italy, Argentina and the USA and not particularly in that order!

I hear what you say , my family came from a coastal city, near Genova Santa Margherita, Sestri. Fala Xeneize..!
Plenty of Pesto a la Genovese, and home made Fogazza

1555547496557.png

this is the pizza I miss- Da Baffetto, in Roma.
the tuna and onion is to die for.
the ones with the fried eggs on top- nothing better
the quatro stagioni is heaven.

a few actual tomatoes, but no ladles full of sugary tomato "sauce" straight from the can- that would be New Jersey style pizza, which Argentines never forgot, cause they never learned it.

https://www.lucianopignataro.it/a/r...na-pizza-romana-senza-troppi-fronzoli/143380/

this is the pizza I miss- Da Baffetto, in Roma.
the tuna and onion is to die for.
the ones with the fried eggs on top- nothing better
the quatro stagioni is heaven.

a few actual tomatoes, but no ladles full of sugary tomato "sauce" straight from the can- that would be New Jersey style pizza, which Argentines never forgot, cause they never learned it.

https://www.lucianopignataro.it/a/r...na-pizza-romana-senza-troppi-fronzoli/143380/
If you use mushroom as one of your toppings, the secret is to pre-cook the mushroom and bring the flavors out of it first. If you just throw the dry/raw mushroom on it, it's bad pizza, doesn't matter who is making it, Italians or gringos.

Luckily, I live my live by the motto of Starkist, as told to Charlie the Tuna-
I dont care if its "bad", I dont care about having good taste, I just want it to taste good.
And, believe me, Da Baffetto tastes good, even if they dont follow Garryl's rules of mushroom handling.

I think there is probably more than one way to cook anything.

Anyway, I LIKE argentine pizza. And New Jersey pizza. And Roman pizza. And Neopalitan pizza.
Its all good.

Luckily, I live my live by the motto of Starkist, as told to Charlie the Tuna-
I dont care if its "bad", I dont care about having good taste, I just want it to taste good.
And, believe me, Da Baffetto tastes good, even if they dont follow Garryl's rules of mushroom handling.

I think there is probably more than one way to cook anything.

Anyway, I LIKE argentine pizza. And New Jersey pizza. And Roman pizza. And Neopalitan pizza.
Its all good.
Raw mushroom is Pizza Hut style :)

Back