Panamericano Hotel Bar (and its view)

ReemsterCARP

Registered
I remember reading (a few years ago) that one could enter the Bar of the Panamericano Hotel (located @ Carlos Pellegrini near the Obelisk) without being an actual guest of the Hotel. I'd love to go up there, have a drink and take some snapshots... In Caracas its quite normal that one can enter these bars (as long as you order something from the bar).

Is it possible at the Panamericano?

Gracias de antemano,

it's possible - i went with a friend in March. however, it's a stretch to really call it a bar.

It's out in the glassed in swimming pool area, that is very pretty - surrounded by these poolside cabanas. The 'bar' is really more of a counter where you order snacks and drinks during the day as you sit by the pool. It might have had 2 or 3 bar stools in front of it, but was clearly used as more of the food/drink pickup counter for the wait staff. It also closes in the evening - i think it was maybe 9pm or so when we got there, and I was picturing this rooftop bar we could sit at and admire the view.
But nope, the staff was busy folding pool towels and cleaning up. Of course, they let us walk around and get a few pictures, but don't expect to hang out there for drinks.

it is a nice view of the avenida and the obelisco though

Back