Paper + Craft Store

nyer4ever

Registered
I searched the forum and couldn't find any leads ...

Any suggestions for a BsAs equivalent to NY's Kate's Paperie or Jam Paper?

Also an equivalent to Michaels, the craft store in the US?

Ries said:
there arent "equivalents" here. Not how it works, for a variety of reasons.

however, there is a great paper store for handmade paper- papelera palermo-

http://www.papelerapalermo.com/
I've been here nearly a year, I know there's no equivalents in BsAs but there's always a "version" of :). I'll bike over there now.

Ries said:
but no cheapo craft supermarket.
Definitely need more the crafty side than BsAs "art store," I'll wait until I go home for the holidays.

what, specifically, are you looking for?
I actually shop at Michaels in the US, find it a very odd mix of total crap and decent stuff.

are you looking for paper to make things with, or stationary?
and what else?

Shops tend to be smaller so you may have to look around a bit for what you want. There are tons of what they call "librerias" (or papeleria) that sell different papers and school supplies - some only have the most basic things... but others have more selection especially if you ask. :)

There's other stores that are more specialized... for instance there's a little store close by me that sells various wooden items for painting (from simple shapes to boxes)... others are specialized for painting supplies or sewing (merceria). Unfortunately I haven't seen any place that has everything.

Quality and selection may not be what you're used to.

Ries said:
what, specifically, are you looking for?
I actually shop at Michaels in the US, find it a very odd mix of total crap and decent stuff.

are you looking for paper to make things with, or stationary?
and what else?

felt, transfer paper, colored paper and matching envelopes, spray glue, scalloped hole puncher ... YES I want miracles!!!

Felt, I think you have to go to Once. And possibly you could find the fancy hole punches there as well.
Scrapbooking, which is the big market in the USA for fancy hole punches and scissors, is not an Argentine thing. So scrapbooking supplies are kind of thin on the ground here.

There is a graphic design neighborhood of sorts over near Cordoba and Gallo or Bustamente, behind the hospital de ninos and you might be able to find spray glue and transfer paper over there- there is a whole cluster of high end copy places, graphic supply stores, and the like.

Stationary, of course, in the typical argentine fashion, is completely different, and would be sold in different stores in different neighborhoods.
Once, again, probably would be a good place to look- for instance, just online here is one- http://www.papelar.com.ar/index.php
its at Larrea 723, and often, especially in Once, places like these are in groups, on a street or neighborhood, so going to this one would probably put you in close proximity to several more.

nyer4ever said:
felt, transfer paper, colored paper and matching envelopes, spray glue, scalloped hole puncher ... YES I want miracles!!!

Libreria Lavalle Av, Santa Fe 2140 , in the back has entire section devoted to Arts & Crafts etc.

Back