Paraguay In A Rental Car/buying A Car

zug

Registered
Hey All,

Does anybody know a car rental agency that permits going to Paraguay? I talked to Tango (no leaving the country at all) and Avis (Chile/Uruguay only).

My other option is to buy a car, which is what I've been pursuing, but I realized I have no idea how long the paperwork will take and I was hoping to leave on the 10th of December. Looked into Remises but so far the only group that bothered to give me a quote wanted $7100.

I should clarify that I have pets, which is why this is all so difficult.

Pretty sure that you cannot drive a car across the border - even one you own - without a DNI. Search the threads here for more info.

the problem is that quite often cars that cross the border don't come back , especially if they are nice marques like Mercedes and Audi......

Zug,

best thing will be to try talking to different bus companies.

One way bus fare is more or less 550 pesos in a class 1 bus. It does not get cheaper than that.

Buy 4 tickets, 2 for u and 2 for the pets and it should be fine.

I am not sure if the dog will be able to stay put in one place for 17 hrs.

To all - For future reference, Alamo allows cross-border travel to Paraguay. Edit: Or not. I was told by a customer service rep that they did, but when I called the local dealer they said no.

The long distance buses don't allow animals, period, even if I buy them their own seats, so that isn't an option.

I found a Remis that's offering to do it for 3100 pesos, which is 2400 pesos cheaper than the next offer. It seems legit, but the cheapness of the price is making me nervous. I keep wondering if I'm missing something.

Back