Paraguay V Argentina, Lifestyle And Taxes

Tres Picos

Registered
My situation is a bit odd. I'm a single parent in my 30s and would like to live in Argentina with my kids. My business will continue to run a few more years and provide income but probably I will soon be solely relying on passive earnings from investments mainly in Asia. My total assets are currently about 2 million USD. Unfortunately, it seems Argentina taxes on foreign income while Paraguay doesn't.

So many questions to answer.

Is Paraguay culturally similar to Argentina? Anyone have experience living in a city like Encarnacion?
Does Paraguay provide a path to citizenship like Argentina does?
How difficult is it to get 2 live-in trustworthy nannies and what would the annual cost be?
What would the total expected annual budget be for a simple but secure lifestyle in a not too expensive area?

Although my assets are about US$2,500.00 less that yours, I can empathize with you.
I don't know what nannies' salaries are in BA, but I would think that finding bi lingual nannies would be fairly easy and their salaries would be quite low. I pay my housekeeper, valet and cook much lower than I would have to pay them in other 4th world countries.
I would suggest that you move to Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain. Get city. Paraguay? You've gotta be kidding..

Although my assets are about US$2,500.00 less that yours, I can empathize with you.
I don't know what nannies' salaries are in BA, but I would think that finding bi lingual nannies would be fairly easy and their salaries would be quite low. I pay my housekeeper, valet and cook much lower than I would have to pay them in other 4th world countries.
I would suggest that you move to Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain. Get city. Paraguay? You've gotta be kidding..

Well, they don't need to be bilingual. I'm fluent in Spanish. How much would their salaries be? I would need them trustworthy and reliable enough to leave them alone for a couple months. How difficult would this be to execute?

I couldn't afford Barcelona. My budget is probably only about 40k per year. Nor do I like Western Europe.

What's wrong with Paraguay? They seem to have favorable tax laws, lost cost of living, a similar culture to Argentina's (which I like), and lots of space.

I think 40k USD per year as a single parent with two kids it is too little to be able to provide them with the level od education that only a private school could offer here.
I think a live-in nanny that would keep your kids for TWO MONTHS would ask for at least 1,000 USD per month.

Not to mention the legal implications of this.

I think 40k USD per year as a single parent with two kids it is too little to be able to provide them with the level od education that only a private school could offer here.
I think a live-in nanny that would keep your kids for TWO MONTHS would ask for at least 1,000 USD per month.

Well, I have strong views on education. I send them to public school. At least that expense should be virtually nothing.

1k/month per nanny?

Thanks, I hadn't even thought of legal implications but I suppose they should be made legal guardians while I was out of the country. Certainly, it would not be illegal, would it?

$3500 US or $50,000 pesos for 3 people seems too little... US$ 1000 for rent nannies US $1000 plus expenses , cable, and services, Medical Insurance, Schooling ,,, not enough for private schools

Tres picos , the level of public schools in Argentina has unfortunately fallen dramatically over the last decade. It really is not an option for expats who want to look after their kids.

$3500 US or $50,000 pesos for 3 people seems too little... US$ 1000 for rent nannies US $1000 plus expenses , cable, and services, Medical Insurance, Schooling ,,, not enough for private schools

Thanks for the input. What do you think a reasonable monthly amount would be? I am assuming no housing costs as I would buy a place. I have 3 children so it would be for 4 people.

USD | Item
-
750 Food (no restaurants)
500 Transportation (I would get a new car but not upgrade it for 10 years, amortization plug gas, insurance, maintenance)
70 Electric
20 Water
100 Internet
200 Medical
300 Other, e.g. clothing, entertainment
-
1940 Total

Tres picos , the level of public schools in Argentina has unfortunately fallen dramatically over the last decade. It really is not an option for expats who want to look after their kids.

I don't believe they need any formal education at all. School is only social.

Back