Parcel Forwarding services

auau

Registered
Hey guys,

I need to order some things online that are not available at all domestically.

Which service is best (preferably with an english website) and can ultimately guarantee I receive my parcel?
Better yet, is there any service that exists where I could physically go and pick up the package, instead of having them deliver it to my door?

Regards

Hey guys,

I need to order some things online that are not available at all domestically.

Which service is best (preferably with an english website) and can ultimately guarantee I receive my parcel?
Better yet, is there any service that exists where I could physically go and pick up the package, instead of having them deliver it to my door? Going to Aduanas in Retiro is a nightmare.

Regards

There are many threads related to this topic. Do not order anything online (except in Argentina) and expect to receive it at your door. A recent thread addresses this topic about door-to-door service.

Guarantee? Ask a friend coming for a visit to buy what you need abroad. That's what I do, knowing that the purchases will arrive.

There are many threads related to this topic. Do not order anything online (except in Argentina) and expect to receive it at your door. A recent thread addresses this topic about door-to-door service.

Guarantee? Ask a friend coming for a visit to buy what you need abroad. That's what I do, knowing that the purchases will arrive.

I did read the threads but most of them don't answer the question, they go off on the 'dont ship anything here' tangent and/or require argentine documentation in order to use whatever service.
Never mind tho, I will just get it shipped to a friend in a nearby country and book it over there one weekend.

honestly, most of those threads end up that way because that's the reality...getting any package shipped into the country is just asking for trouble.

this "puerta a puerta" system correo argentino has is supposed to simplify customs process for packages, and allow you to declare things ahead of time and pay the appropriate duty. but you do need a DNI and CUIL in order to register for the system. on top of that, i was looking at it this weekend and i got stuck because if your item was not included in the drop down list of items like electronics, art, etc, i could not figure out how to proceed to the next step. you have an option to declare that you don't know the contents, but when you do that it means you have to travel to the customs center and open the box in front of the inspector and then they calculate the fees.

unfortunately, if you really need or want something and want to ensure it arrives here with no trouble, the mail is not the way to do it.

I did read the threads but most of them don't answer the question, they go off on the 'dont ship anything here' tangent and/or require argentine documentation in order to use whatever service.
Never mind tho, I will just get it shipped to a friend in a nearby country and book it over there one weekend.

It's not a tangent, unfortunately.

All roads lead to Rome.

Or in this case, all packages lead to aduana headaches.

Good Luck!

:)

Back