Passport Translation

Popper said:
That is helpful - thanks. Mine being a relatively new passport, it has the English/French/Spanish translation already on the first two pages (of personal info). Has anyone had a translator translate this? What would they do....spanish is already there??

It's no problem to get thing translated as well as the entry stamps for Argentina (I assume the stamp dates?) but I don't want to do anything unnecessary. Thanks again - sorry to keep harboring about it.

If you want to be absolutely sure,I suggest you ask migraciones or an immigration agent. My passport was in English and French. Based on the other posts, it doesn't look like you need to have a translation, just the photocopies.

Good luck.

Popper said:
That is helpful - thanks. Mine being a relatively new passport, it has the English/French/Spanish translation already on the first two pages (of personal info). Has anyone had a translator translate this? What would they do....spanish is already there??

It's no problem to get thing translated as well as the entry stamps for Argentina (I assume the stamp dates?) but I don't want to do anything unnecessary. Thanks again - sorry to keep harboring about it.

If your passport already has the Spanish in it you do not need to have it translated. This was told to me by the guy who was doing my paperwork at immigrations. Of course for you this is second hand info, but logically, you do not need to translate into Spanish any document that is already IN Spanish! ;)

steveinbsas said:
Just to clarify, the translator will actually only translate the first few pages (with the personal info), but all of the pages should be copied and stamped by the translator. In the actual translation, the translator will make specific reference to the entry stamp(s) for Argentina. This is a must.

Again, the argentine entry stamp is in Spanish. Well. I'll update when I go in for my appointment. I can't imagine they would ask for Spanish to Spanish translation.

cujodu said:
Again, the argentine entry stamp is in Spanish. Well. I'll update when I go in for my appointment. I can't imagine they would ask for Spanish to Spanish translation.

He didn't say that they needed to be translated, only copied and stamped by the translator. Translators stamp each page to show that they are the ones that they translated or used. In this case, it would be just to use in a reference.

Well, I spoke to immigrations this morning and they said only the inside cover and first signature page of the Passport is needed, translated if it's not already in Spanish. But if it's already in Spanish, nothing further is needed, just make copies of the inside cover and page 1 of the passport. No translation or stamps or references or copies by translators are necessary if your passport is in Spanish.

I think it's clear now that the new passports in Spanish do not require translation, but it will only cost a few cents to make photocopies of all of the pages of your passport (four pages of the passport can be on each page). I wouldn't want to be sent to stand in line for a half hour to get the copies made if the person "reviewing" your documents asks for them. Don't give them a reason to ask for anything if you can avoid it.

I was asked for photocopies of all of the pages of my passport when renewing my visa at the prorrogas de permanencia. It took amost 40 minutes to get the copies made and I had to take a new number when returning to the prorrogas section, adding another hour to the ordeal.

steveinbsas said:
it will only cost a few cents to make photocopies of all of the pages of your passport (four pages of the passport can be on each page). I wouldn't want to be sent to stand in line for a half hour to get the copies made if the person "reviewing" your documents asks for them.

Yes, that makes sense.

Just another confirmation that no translation is required...

Buenas días, si su pasaporte es plurilingüe no necesita traducción.

Saludos cordiales.
Depto. de Asesoramiento al Migrante.

Back