Passport Translation

Popper

Registered
This might be a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I am getting my passport translated and am curious if I just need the first two pages translated or do I also need the "Important Information" (pages 2-7 on the US Passport) translated as well...

So if I go with the "certified, translated" pages from above as well as a copy of the entire passport, I should be ok (I'm getting a work visa)?

Thank you.

Popper said:
This might be a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I am getting my passport translated and am curious if I just need the first two pages translated or do I also need the "Important Information" (pages 2-7 on the US Passport) translated as well...

So if I go with the "certified, translated" pages from above as well as a copy of the entire passport, I should be ok (I'm getting a work visa)?

Thank you.

Don't worry about the "Important Information" pages in English.

The translation should include copies of every page of your passport (the translator will stamp each page)!

AND make photocopies of the entire translation to leave with migraciones (they should let you keep the original).

Take both the original and the copy with you when applying for the visa.

Photocopies of the first two pages and the entry stamp page were acceptable for the 90 day extension, but when I renewed my visa, at the prorrogas de permanencia, they asked me to go and make copies of all pages of my passport.

If you have a US passport, everything other than pages 2 - 7 should already be in Spanish (and English, and French). You shouldn't need that translated. I'd review the immigration website and maybe make a call before translating pages 2 - 7.

Our opinions don't mean anything to the folks at migraciones.

Have all pages of your passport included in the translation if you passport does not include Spanish.

I learned this from experience!

If you don't it will cost more time, money, and headaches to get the additional pages added and then return to migraciones, especially now that an appointment is necessary.

I agree with Steve. We had to have all our pages translated for our visas. Better safe than sorry.

I didn't get mine translated. My US passport has spanish in it and they didn't mention anything when I went to get my precaria for work.

Maikito said:
I didn't get mine translated. My US passport has spanish in it and they didn't mention anything when I went to get my precaria for work.

Exactly. Some passports have the text in Spanish already so in this case, you would not need to have it translated.

Just to clarify, the translator will actually only translate the first few pages (with the personal info), but all of the pages should be copied and stamped by the translator. In the actual translation, the translator will make specific reference to the entry stamp(s) for Argentina. This is a must.

That is helpful - thanks. Mine being a relatively new passport, it has the English/French/Spanish translation already on the first two pages (of personal info). Has anyone had a translator translate this? What would they do....spanish is already there??

It's no problem to get thing translated as well as the entry stamps for Argentina (I assume the stamp dates?) but I don't want to do anything unnecessary. Thanks again - sorry to keep harboring about it.

Back