Patricia Derian Human Rights Diplomat Dies At 86.

Noesdeayer

Registered
Patricia Derian who made human rights a priority in the U.S. Carter administration has died at 86.It would be rather long to relate her history in this regard here.Suffice it to say that Jacobo Timmerman ,the father of Cristina's ex-foreign minister and author of the book," Prisioner Without A Name and Cell Without A Number".said that he owed his life to her intervention.If interested please read her obituary in todays (5/21) NYT.
I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Ms.Derian here in Bs.As. in 1979.As I said the OB is an interesting read .Oh,I'm forgetting that she was part of the Carter administration one of the people who Camberiu said knew "jack shit" about Latin America.

Yes I heard this news yesterday. She was very on top of things although I don't think it really saved anyone's life!
RIP

estebandepraga.
Jacabo Timmerman was quoted as having said that and even more that her intervention had been instrumental in saving many lives in Argentina,I suggest that you read both write ups about her efforts in today's (domingo 22) Clarin and la Nacion.
However,you are, of course,free to think whatever you want.

Back