Pawn shops?

Katser

Registered
Hi all!
Has anyone pawned anything here/sold it to a shop?

Also does anyone know of anywhere that would buy second hand clothes?
I have an expensive ski jacket that I think might be worth something.
Also stuff like a sealed designer bottle of perfume?

I realise that kind of stuff might have no market but I do have some silver stuff that I think a pawn shop might want so any info on that would be great!

Thanks!

Pawn shops here would only take jewels, antiques, gold, silver and precious stones. For your other items I suggest you sell them through Mercado Libre, or Craigslist or you can try Cash Converters in Belgrano.

You can also sell your stuff through http://www.olx.com.br A pure classifieds site.

Craigslist doesn't really have the same following here as it does in the states. ML is for auctions.

diplomacy said:
You can also sell your stuff through http://www.olx.com.br A pure classifieds site.

Craigslist doesn't really have the same following here as it does in the states. ML is for auctions.

auctions are an option on mercadolibre. you can state the price you want and people choose to pay it or not. mercadolibre has a huge business - if the price is good value, it will sell. Define your 'politics' of sale - ie whether you will send it (hacer envios) or whether the buyer can pick it up etc etc..

Back to the XXc, the word is "Casa de Empeño" but i'm not sure that term is used here,

There're two options: "Feria Americana" which are little shops in Congreso, Montserrat, even Recoleta, that emulate, I guess, a garage sale, but actually they just sell clothes cheaply. Don't try and sell them stuff.

The other option is the "compro-vendo todo usado". Small place but they have and take from second hand (but working) cameras to leather jackets or zippos. They would certainly take a ski jacket which you gotta sell now before the locals begin flocking to the Las Leñas and Bariloche.

They are on Melo // Uriburu and Junin, Recoleta.

The other one i know of is more electronics oriented in Billinghurst and Berutti or Arenales, right on the corner. I remember selling some CDs there a couple of years ago, hbut haven't been since.

--

PD Hi everybody, I've been living in Uruguay for a while, but I do miss you all.

Back