Paying bills without the DNI

toccatango

Registered
Hi all! Feliz día del amigo, aunque sea atrasado, I know :)

Recently I made the big leap and moved into an apartment of my own, an unfurnished monoambiente sin garantía. I´m really happy and excited about it!!

The thing is, though, that I don´t have a DNI at the moment. I´m trying to sign up with an internet provider, among other things, but in the ¨titular¨ section, the only options listed for tipo de documento are DNI and CI. Is there any way to get around this? I have my passport...

The plan that I´m signing up for is el Dúo (telephone & internet) from Speedy/Telefónica since the landline is already Telefónica and I´m not allowed to change the phone number. I´ve already contacted their Customer Service by phone and online chat, but no luck even after almost an hour of waiting :p

Thanks in advance for any input & help!!

Go to their office and sign up in person with your passport and your lease.

Welcome to the wonderful world of (not so) Speedy! Even by Argentine standards these guys are a joke.

Kinda off subject but Fibertel is the best internet provider out there.

Arnet is so so and speedy is just lulz.

As far as what document you can use, use your passport, but they will need a copy of it, so you'll need to do it in person.

Thank you so much for your light-speed responses! Wow!! :)

Yes, I´ve already have had a couple bad run-ins with Telefonica in other apartments... when I looked at other internet providers, though, it didn´t work out because of this & that reason, so it´s back to Speedy, boo...

Telmex now offers 3 megs and they work via satellite antena like DirecTV (but much smaller) and works great

Back