Paying Fine At The Border?

Argento

Registered
How does that work? Past the 90 days, crossing by land border into Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay.
Is there a small office right there to pay the fine? Or do you have to back-track somehow to some town bank or something very out of the way? Is it still 300 pesos?

Thanks.

On the way from Mendoza to Chile you pay where and when your passport is stamped (i.e. Arg. inmigraciones at the border post in Chile), you sign a paper which says you have paid the fine. That's all, folks.

If you go by bus, it's a good idea to be in front of the queue so you don't delay the bus, but it should be fast - when I paid, it took somewhere between 5 and 7 minutes all in all.

And it does not matter how long overdue you are? I mean, if you have been in Argentina for over 180 days (so you have been without a valid visa for over 90 days) do you need to pay the 300 pesos twice or will it always stay 300, no matter how long you have been in Argentina?

And it does not matter how long overdue you are? I mean, if you have been in Argentina for over 180 days (so you have been without a valid visa for over 90 days) do you need to pay the 300 pesos twice or will it always stay 300, no matter how long you have been in Argentina?
It is a fine for overstaying your visa.

From what I have gathered reading posts over the years it is one fine, also for people who have overstayed several years.

Back