Paying incompetent losers is just wrong!

SaraSara said:
Georginar: you are the kind of person I was thinking of when I wrote that for every ten no-show teachers or nurses, there is a dedicated one carrying the whole weight of the school or hospital ward.

Kudos to you, but get out of the Municipalidad before you get stabbed to death by those ñoquis. Not only they don't work, but they hate and resent anyone who does.

ahahah well you're right, my co worker, the one that takes the 14 day vacation hates me... and when ever I say that I feel sick but its not that bad she tries to convince me too call next day and not go to work.. because if I go with a cold, it looks bad when she doesn't. and needless to say that the union there at work.. they all hate me :p
They defend the people that when ever they want call for a "paro" go with the drums and signs to the plaza de mayo, and support them.

Well, maybe Georgina should you suppress your picture and change a bit the details of your story like the names and the place where you work (unless you did it already).

You have the right attitude, bravo

a lack of work ethic in Argentina, I'm Shocked!!!

but how else are people going to have time to sit in the parks all day and sip mate....

arty said:

but how else are people going to have time to sit in the parks all day and sip mate....

Now that´s a terribly prejudiced comment, sorry. I don´t know what parks you´re going to, but on weekdays I have never seen a terribly large crowd sipping mate. Now on Saturday and Sunday...oh boy!

Anyway, you can sip on mate while you work. I myself love when we drink mate at the office - I´d even say it helps me concentrate :D

KatharineAnn said:
Now that´s a terribly prejudiced comment, sorry. I don´t know what parks you´re going to, but on weekdays I have never seen a terribly large crowd sipping mate. Now on Saturday and Sunday...oh boy!

Anyway, you can sip on mate while you work. I myself love when we drink mate at the office - I´d even say it helps me concentrate :D

check out lawn at plaza san martin in the day time during the spring/summer. lots of people sitting around.

arty said:
check out lawn at plaza san martin in the day time during the spring/summer. lots of people sitting around.

the ones I know, just don't feel like leaving home so they just stay there :p

Edit: I changed my pic before this post and it doesn't show... it is the right size though.. could it be because its a .gif? :)

Georginar said:
the ones I know, just don't feel like leaving home so they just stay there :p

Edit: I changed my pic before this post and it doesn't show... it is the right size though.. could it be because its a .gif? :)

It might be, and too there is the profile picture and the avatar one if you look closely.
The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

arty said:

I guess that was supposed to be witty.

Go to Uruguay if you really want to see what lack of work ethic can do to a people. I did not properly appreciate Argentine construction crews until I set out to build a house in Colonia.

Put me down for another person that think the labor laws in Argentina really are holding the country back.

We used to own a finca in San Rafael and had a neighbor/friend do some odd jobs (install a ceiling fan, build a shed, etc) for us.

We were then served with a notice that he was suing us for unlawful termination, even though he was never an employee. Before we knew it, he had attempted to put a lein on our property but did not succeed as we were foreigners and his lawyer made some minor error in filing.

We ended up settling out of court, basically paying him several thousand pesos to leave us alone.

SaraSara said:
Go to Uruguay if you really want to see what lack of work ethic can do to a people.

I know you were referring to a specific case, but I just wanted to say that I know a lot of extremely hard working people in Uruguay. And they don't play the system as much as they seem to here.

I do have to say though that a large percentage of public employees there are bums. They sit around chit-chatting, drinking mate, snacking on medialunas while you are standing there waiting in line.

Back