paying rent in dollars

A contract, by definition, it's a mutual agreement.

If you're willing to pay in hard currency, I suggest you contemplate paying several months in advance so you can bargain a better price for the rent and simplify your exchange operations. Time is more valuable than money.

Well, a mutual agreement that is enforceable under the law, any portions of the contract that are contrary to the law making at least that part of the contract invalid and reverting to law.

Did they not pass a law requiring contracts to be valued and remunerated in pesos? Or was that just talk/rumor? I actually can't remember with everything that has been going on.

If you're willing to pay in hard currency, I suggest you contemplate paying several months in advance so you can bargain a better price for the rent and simplify your exchange operations. Time is more valuable than money.

Like I paid for 3 months to my landlord and now as 3 months are about to finish, time comes to renew for another 3 months. My landlord is so damn stubborn and so sure about his property, that he does not want to bulge from anything. He always behaves as if he is doing me a favor by renting his apartment to me. I feel so exasperated! why cant these landlords respect us tenants who are paying them us$?

Well, a mutual agreement that is enforceable under the law, any portions of the contract that are contrary to the law making at least that part of the contract invalid and reverting to law.

Did they not pass a law requiring contracts to be valued and remunerated in pesos? Or was that just talk/rumor? I actually can't remember with everything that has been going on.

ElQueso, it's fine to go by the book if you must or insist.
But truth is that you'll find most of your original pics vanish in thin air.

I stand by my original definition.
Most of the short term contracts are (legally) not worth the paper on which they're written.

In my opinion, this is a crock of shit. But yes, if you don't like the terms, move on. That goes for both parties. Don't let the tenant " screw " with you.

It's basically impossible to get dollars here which the owner of your apt is well aware of. If it's a longer term rental (ie, more than a few months), the owner can/should be accepting the rent in pesos at an agreed upon exchange rate. Period. If they tell you they will only take dollars, they are screwing you with you. Find a new apt.

Like I paid for 3 months to my landlord and now as 3 months are about to finish, time comes to renew for another 3 months. My landlord is so damn stubborn and so sure about his property, that he does not want to bulge from anything. He always behaves as if he is doing me a favor by renting his apartment to me. I feel so exasperated! why cant these landlords respect us tenants who are paying them us$?
Why don't you more. That's the real question.
Contracts written in dollars are not binding. Report the jerk.

Or instead of crying about it he can just move out and find a place with an owner more to his liking ?

But yes, " report " him. Lol. That will do alot of good.

Why don't you more. That's the real question.
Contracts written in dollars are not binding. Report the jerk.

It's 100% fair for both parties to accept pesos at the celeste rate. Argentines generally don't charge other Argentines in cash dollars, so I don't think that foreigners should have pay in dollars either. Yes, it sucks that the economy is going in the tank and that the peso is constantly devaluing. Argentines and foreigners that live here and have constant access to dollars or euros are extremely lucky; but renting an apartment is not donating to charity. It's a business transaction that both sides need to benefit from, and expecting foreigners to hustle over to an ATM in Uruguay or do some weird PayPal swap is not realistic.

Back