Paying Rent w/ Something Other Than Cash?

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
As a rent payer I'm a bit perturbed (to use one of my Dad's favorite words) that I have to show up at the rental agency at the end of the month with a wad of Pesos in my pocket to pay our rent.

Obviously, the cash is to avoid having to declare and pay taxes. It's a PIA for me as I want to pay all my bills online. Did I read on another thread about the possibility of legislation to change this? Or, did I just dream that the same night I dreamed that we were all on Survivor and voted CFK off of the island?

Thanks!

GS

Legally, all amounts equal or above $1000 are to be paid by check.
That is how they forced us back into the banking system after the goverment in collusion with the banks stole our coin back in 2001. No one in his/her right mind would have ever trusted a bank anymore otherwise. we were coerced to return. They forced the employees to pay salaries through banking accounts and made sure that if you didn't have a bank account one would be provided to you for free at Banco Nación.

I say do not wait until the proper date to pay for rent. Go early (it's a fixed amount after all) or late. If you go early -end of the month- no one (criminal fauna) is expecting loaded people still around at month's end. Or find someone that will welcome the cash and let you use their own bank account.
A lot of people take cash from others and then use their CC to pay for financed good with special discount. They get mileage and stuff.

I rent a commercial property and have written into the contract that the tennant should pay into my bank account. She tries here hardest every month to get me to take it in cash. because she is too lazy to stand in the queue or arrange a standing order.

I prefer to be paid through the bank but I think people should have the choice and not be forced to have a bank account if they dont want one, so I hope what you have heard is not correct.

It has been my experience that handsome rent payers have more options.

db887 said:
It has been my experience that handsome rent payers have more options.

Sorry I can't exercise that option:D Is there such a thing as a cashiers check:confused:

Back