Payment from buyers US bank account to sellers US bank account for purchase in Argentina

floridamedellin

Registered
🚨 Question for those with experience purchasing property in Argentina from the U.S. 🚨

I'm in the process of purchasing a property in Argentina and trying to figure out the best way to move money from the U.S. I reached out to several realtors and asked if the property owners had U.S. bank accounts and would be willing to accept payment in U.S. dollars, and almost all confirmed that they do!

💡 My thoughts so far:

• Pros: Low or no transfer fees compared to other methods, and seems pretty secure since the transaction is through U.S. bank accounts.
  • Cons: I’m not sure if there are any governmental regulations that I need to be aware of or potential hurdles that could come up with this method.
If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Are there any downsides I might be overlooking? Any regulations or paperwork I should be mindful of?

Thanks in advance for your advice! 🙌

thats what i did in 2003 but transferred to the owners bank account. he built the building. you just need to trust the person your dealing with. i transferred 30,000 deposit to florida the the remaing 70,000 before traveling to sign papers with the escibano.

Back