Paypal Buys Xoom

The problem [one problem] with Pay "Pal" is they love to freeze you accounts for any stupid reason

The problem [one problem] with Pay "Pal" is they love to freeze you accounts for any stupid reason

I wonder how many expats have had a PayPal account frozen? I have, for one. I had to sue them in small claims to get them to unfreeze it with about a grand of my money in there. Didn't even get an apology either.

PayPal is obviously the worst, but pretty much every bank/financial institution automatically assumes expats have to be criminals because we live in one country and bank in another. I told my bank once that I was living abroad -- BIG MISTAKE. Closed all my accounts, credit cards, everything.

I never made that mistake again. Now I have my US postal address that scans all my incoming mail, skype number with a US phone line, USA efax number for faxes, and if I'm really feeling paranoid I connect to the bank websites via a US proxy server. Ever since I've done all that, no more frozen/closed accounts.

Back