Paypal for pesos

HeyBA

Registered
Hey all,

I'm leaving on Monday and considering selling a sizable amount of Apple products. I have a known and trustworthy buyer who only has pesos. I need to get that money into dollars, but I fear that the black market rates aren't worth it.

Would anyone with a US paypal account be willing to take pesos at 5 pesos per dollar and paypal me the dollars? I should have about seven thousand pesos. One buyer would be great, but if I could split it up between several, that would be ok. You could take the cash and make the paypal transaction to my account right before my eyes.

Upside for me is getting the dollars. The upside for the counterparty is getting the 5 peso rate without giving up cash dollars or needing a bank account to do things like zoom. I think people get money out of the ATM at about 4.2 pesos per dollar.

And hey, if you've got any better ideas, I'm all ears!

HeyBA said:
Hey all,

I'm leaving on Monday and considering selling a sizable amount of Apple products. I have a known and trustworthy buyer who only has pesos. I need to get that money into dollars, but I fear that the black market rates aren't worth it.

Would anyone with a US paypal account be willing to take pesos at 5 pesos per dollar and paypal me the dollars? I should have about seven thousand pesos. One buyer would be great, but if I could split it up between several, that would be ok. You could take the cash and make the paypal transaction to my account right before my eyes.

Upside for me is getting the dollars. The upside for the counterparty is getting the 5 peso rate without giving up cash dollars or needing a bank account to do things like zoom. I think people get money out of the ATM at about 4.2 pesos per dollar.

And hey, if you've got any better ideas, I'm all ears!

I'll do it, but at the Ambito Financiero "informal" rate.

OK, got a a few buyers lined up. Thanks to a speedy response from the forum.

Back