Using Paypal to convert Pesos to Dollars - Explain It To Me

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Hi, I have a Paypal account that is connected to my US bank account. I also have an Argentine bank account in Pesos, with a Visa debit card.

How would I use my Paypal account to transfer my Pesos to Dollars in my US account? I know the concept - invoice myself for services - but what is the exact process?

Many thanks!

GS

GS_Dirtboy said:
Hi, I have a Paypal account that is connected to my US bank account. I also have an Argentine bank account in Pesos, with a Visa debit card.

How would I use my Paypal account to transfer my Pesos to Dollars in my US account? I know the concept - invoice myself for services - but what is the exact process?

Many thanks!

GS

it will not work. you need Argentine issued credit cards.

Speaking of which, if you need dollars in your Paypal account ( to then transfer to your US bank account ) I know of somebody that can sell you at a rate similar to Xoom in pesos. PM me if you want.

Just tried a PayPal operation and it failed. They cut the line apparently.

Argie creditcard > PayPal that's connected to Dutch bank account.
Anybody else having the same problem?

pscheffer said:
Just tried a PayPal operation and it failed. They cut the line apparently.

Argie creditcard > PayPal that's connected to Dutch bank account.
Anybody else having the same problem?

Nope. You might have to call your cc issuer just so they authorize you. Also dunno what type of credit card you have, but try a low amount to test it out.

It is against Paypal policy to wire the money to yourself.... it can be misconstrued as money laundering at the worst or cash advance at the least, which is not the function of Paypal....

There will be an internal limit for this type of transfer and after this limit, your activities may be flagged for review and in the mean time, your account may be suspended....

pscheffer said:
VISA with Banco Francés. Tried 500 EUR. To much?

pscheffer said:
VISA with Banco Francés. Tried 500 EUR. To much?

I tried to send $100 USD with a Visa from Banco Frances and it failed. I have two paypal accts with obviously two different email addresses, one linked to my bank in the US and the other with my Arg CC.

My boyfriend sent me two $500 USD transactions at the end of June from his Santander Rio MasterCard and it worked fine. We haven't tried recently.

Weird HOP, that it worked with Santander but not with BBVA Francés...
Maybe Nikad is right although we have been able to pay online before (in dollars) with the same creditcard. I'll try again tonight with a lower amount to see what happens...
Oh and dipoots: I didn't send it from my own cc obviously, used the cc of my boyfriend.

Dipoots said:
It is against Paypal policy to wire the money to yourself.... it can be misconstrued as money laundering at the worst or cash advance at the least, which is not the function of Paypal....

There will be an internal limit for this type of transfer and after this limit, your activities may be flagged for review and in the mean time, your account may be suspended....

This is not true, I have actually asked on the Paypal Forum. If you have account and credit cards in two different countries and you spend time in both you are allowed to send and receive money between both accounts.

Back