Paypal transfers.

nlaruccia

Registered
Hello, sorry If this is a repeat of any previous post but I couldn't find the answer to my questions in any thread. A German company has to send a small amount of Euros to my Argentine friend here in Buenos Aires. If they open a Paypal account in Argentina, can they receive funds coming from Germany? Obviously in pesos of course.

You can set your paypal account to receive any kind of currency. I have a paypal account in Argentina and I always received USD (that I withdrew using my US bank account). Now, the problem is that paypal argentina doesn't have much options to extract this money. You can:

- Buy things using your balance.
- Withdrawn using your US Bank account.
- Request a check (can be cashed in ARS in Banco Piano for example).
- Request a debit card from payoneer and send money from paypal to this card.

But yes, he can get paid in EUR/USD. The restriction that is going to apply tomorrow (Oct 9) is between transactions among paypal accounts from argentina. You can not buy nor sell if both accounts are from argentina. But you can continue buying and selling if only one is located here.

Regards,
Chris

Nlaruccia,

Since you are a long time member, I have a solution (someone I can recommend who can receive a Paypal payment and pay here in pesos at a quite good rate).

PM me if you wish.

Thank you for the offer, but it's only around $100 Euro. A German magazine paid my friend's son for his photos of the magazine cover and to be honest, he's made me jump through hoops, his father, and everyone else that accidentally got involved. I appreciate your offer, but for such a tiny amount of money I don't want to place the responsibility on someone else's shoulders. I was just hoping that he would be able to open his own Paypal account himself. Thank you again!

Back