PCR test experience in different countries versus CABA

China is now doing anal swabs to test for the virus. When I read this I thought it was a joke.
But it’s no joke. According to the Chinese the anal swabs give a much more accurate reading.
No thank you.!!!

Is the saliva PCR test acceptable for entering Brazil and Argentina?

Did a saliva test at Eze airport on arrival.Lady kept saying poco mas saliva(pronounced saliba).Spat till I could spit no more.But it was way more comfortable than the nasal.I didn’t pay anything as I believe it was compulsory for all arrivals

Yesterday Wed. 10 February, no Ezeiza test required upon arrival. I was assured by immigration that DDJJ and PCR test done at origin . Can be shown on the Mobile, no print required..! Forms for DDJJ are handed out on flight before arrival for seniors.

Yesterday Wed. 10 February, no Ezeiza test required upon arrival. I was assured by immigration that DDJJ and PCR test done at origin . Can be shown on the Mobile, no print required..! Forms for DDJJ are handed out on flight before arrival for seniors.
This is the great dilemma. If entering CABA, you CAN just walk out of the airport and no one will ever check after that. But... the city rules say otherwise. Welcome home!

On Sunday we had a family gathering. One person showed pretty clear symptoms two days later. On Wednesday she went to an official test center (Conurbano, not CABA). Apparently it takes 72 hours until she gets the results (I am not sure if the deadline falls on a weekend, if it will be even Monday until she gets the result).

My wife and myself (both no symptoms) went to Rossi lab in Microcentro yesterday (three days after having had contact) to do the PCR (mouth and nose). I cant compare with other experiences, but it seemed quite ok (fast, not too uncomfortable). 6000 Pesos. This morning we got the result back. Results came back this morning (negative).

The following points I found interesting:
1) I read that this doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Apparently the likelihood of a false negative is quite high (If I understand that correctly: if I were positive, the likelihood of a false negative would be around 30-40%; doing the PCR eight days after contact, the likelihood of a false negative is still around 20%)
I always thought that the PCR was a rather reliable test. What I understand now, it only seems to do a good job in avoiding false positives (i.e. if the test comes back positive, you indeed have the virus). But likelihood of false negatives seems to me surprisingly high. Is this indeed the case?
(this is the source. It is from June 2020, but also other Google searches gave back similar results)
2) It is really unbelievable that it would take 72 hours for getting back the results if you go to an official test center. I am not sure what kind of technology they are using ... And I am also not sure whether this is the same in CABA or in the province (PCR testing at a private lab might be the adequate for some USD earning expats, but it is certainly not an option for the vast majority of locals)
3) When I did the PCR test in Rossi, I didn't have to present a document or anything. Would that PCR test be sufficient for travelling? If so, that would be kind of a joke as you could send anyone under your name to do the test. (assuming one has Covid and wants to travel anyway)

3) When I did the PCR test in Rossi, I didn't have to present a document or anything. Would that PCR test be sufficient for travelling? If so, that would be kind of a joke as you could send anyone under your name to do the test. (assuming one has Covid and wants to travel anyway)
i have done about 5 pcr test at Rossi , at 3 different locations. All times, they verified my document with what was entered in the system.

i found Rossi tests much less brutal compared to centralab.

Here in CABA you can get a free PCR (nasal or saliva) outside public hospitals or in special testing centers.

From my experience at the hospital they will not do a nasal swap unless you are symptomatic and only after some days of being symptomatic to avoid a false negative. If you are asymptomatic (eg been in contact with someone who has) you get referred to a testing center to do the saliva test.

There is one of these on Av. Santa Fe in Palermo. You just walk in and do it, no wait whatsoever. Again they recommend that you only do the test some days after contact with a symptomatic person to avoid a false negative.

Results came back in under 24 hours (but they promise 36 hours as the maximum) You get them via WhatsApp. Pain free, quick and free - what’s not to like about it!

There is one of these on Av. Santa Fe in Palermo. You just walk in and do it, no wait whatsoever.

what are the requirements to be eligible for it. Have you done it? How long the results come? its a proper document which can be used for travel?

Back