PCR test experience in different countries versus CABA

what are the requirements to be eligible for it. Have you done it? How long the results come? its a proper document which can be used for travel?
Yes I have done it. It is supposed to be only for those who have had contact with someone with COVID. They will just ask you why you want the test and if you have any symptoms. If the answer is because "I saw someone in the office has COVID a week ago" and "no" then they will proceed to take your details (DNI, health insurance phone number) and ask you to complete a DDJJ that states you will remain in quarantine if you are negative but someone who lives with you is positive etc. Also if you test positive your details will be shared with relevant authorities and your health insurance provider - so I would imagine they would check to see you stay in quarantine.

As I said, my results were within 24 hours but it can take up to 36 hours.

You get a PDF certificate of your test rest on Whatsapp.
Imagine you can use it for travel as it is a PCR test, but that is not the purpose of these testing centres :)

Here in CABA you can get a free PCR (nasal or saliva) outside public hospitals or in special testing centers.

From my experience at the hospital they will not do a nasal swap unless you are symptomatic and only after some days of being symptomatic to avoid a false negative. If you are asymptomatic (eg been in contact with someone who has) you get referred to a testing center to do the saliva test.

There is one of these on Av. Santa Fe in Palermo. You just walk in and do it, no wait whatsoever. Again they recommend that you only do the test some days after contact with a symptomatic person to avoid a false negative.

Results came back in under 24 hours (but they promise 36 hours as the maximum) You get them via WhatsApp. Pain free, quick and free - what’s not to like about it!

Can you please provide More specific coordinates "Av. Santa Fe in Palermo"
Outside a Public hospital.
Thanks so much..!

Can you please provide More specific coordinates "Av. Santa Fe in Palermo"
Outside a Public hospital.
Thanks so much..!
In what looks like a parking garage next to a church / school. Between Uriarte and Darreguerya.

For Nasal PCR (e.g. if you have symptoms) opposite the Hospital Fernandez in Palermo there is a testing center in some white containers. Usually there is a line of people so it can take a while there to be seen - best advice would be to go very early in the morning.

Here is a link that explains the process and also provides maps of various locations:

Last edited:
Here in CABA you can get a free PCR (nasal or saliva) outside public hospitals or in special testing centers.

From my experience at the hospital they will not do a nasal swap unless you are symptomatic and only after some days of being symptomatic to avoid a false negative. If you are asymptomatic (eg been in contact with someone who has) you get referred to a testing center to do the saliva test.

There is one of these on Av. Santa Fe in Palermo. You just walk in and do it, no wait whatsoever. Again they recommend that you only do the test some days after contact with a symptomatic person to avoid a false negative.

Results came back in under 24 hours (but they promise 36 hours as the maximum) You get them via WhatsApp. Pain free, quick and free - what’s not to like about it!
Just my 2 cents. I went for a saliva test over 2 weeks ago on santa fe street, never got my results. The city's whassap is no help. The wait was supposed to be just 36hs. The nurse there told me the nasal swap's results are ready in just 6 hours.

Just my 2 cents. I went for a saliva test over 2 weeks ago on santa fe street, never got my results. The city's whassap is no help. The wait was supposed to be just 36hs. The nurse there told me the nasal swap's results are ready in just 6 hours.
I have a friend whose results also got "lost" from a detectAR site. Suspect that if they enter your phone number or DNI into their system incorrectly the results will never be traceable.

2) It is really unbelievable that it would take 72 hours for getting back the results if you go to an official test center.
As a follow up: yesterday evening we heard from an unofficial channel (a personal friend and doctor who has access to the Covid database) that the person indeed is positive (that would be about 36 hours after performing the test, which is kind of plausible). But hear this: this person was still not notified by the test centre /official channel until now (almost 24 hours after being in the system as positive, and counting.... ).

Back