PCR testing prior to travel from EZE?

Looks like starting Jan 26, a negative test is required for all flights heading towards US, regardless of final destination and in addition to any requirements of the final destination.

The U.S. government will require all international airline passengers to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test before boarding flights to the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

The CDC’s order, confirming earlier reporting by The Wall Street Journal, followed weeks of discussions among federal agencies and the White House coronavirus task force. The order will go into effect Jan. 26.

This nasal swab test. In Argentina is it the same as in California i.e. they hand out nasal swab to you and you put it in your nose all by yourself?
Or do they stick nasal swab in your nose with their own hands and at their own pace and length?

Looks like starting Jan 26, a negative test is required for all flights heading towards US, regardless of final destination and in addition to any requirements of the final destination.

They will accept antigen (rapid tests) or PCR. Does anyone know of where to get the antigen tests? So far I’ve found IMAT or Rossi

This nasal swab test. In Argentina is it the same as in California i.e. they hand out nasal swab to you and you put it in your nose all by yourself?
Or do they stick nasal swab in your nose with their own hands and at their own pace and length?
The later. Here they tend to go much deeper than say Brazil, where they use a separate swab for the throat and nose.

The later. Here they tend to go much deeper than say Brazil, where they use a separate swab for the throat and nose.
I have had 2 PCRs in Brazil and 1 in BA. At GRU they did nose and throat, at Porto Alegre they only did nose (technician said they no longer require throat); in BA they did both nose and throat. In all cases they used different swaps for the nose and throat, not the same.

Back