PCR testing prior to travel from EZE?

I have had 2 PCRs in Brazil and 1 in BA. At GRU they did nose and throat, at Porto Alegre they only did nose (technician said they no longer require throat); in BA they did both nose and throat. In all cases they used different swaps for the nose and throat, not the same.
Strange, on arrival at EZE they only did the nose and pushed the swab quite far back in order to get the throat - or part between the nose and throat - as well. Happened to all in my group and also another friend as well. Apparently not everyone gets the advertised saliva test...

Also may I add that it's frankly not that big of a deal. It's slightly uncomfortable but before I have had it done watching people "suffering" thru a PCR I expected it would hurt like hell or be super uncomfortable but it was no big deal.

Strange, on arrival at EZE they only did the nose and pushed the swab quite far back in order to get the throat - or part between the nose and throat - as well. Happened to all in my group and also another friend as well. Apparently not everyone gets the advertised saliva test...
Oh, in BA i had it done in a private lad not at the airport.

Also may I add that it's frankly not that big of a deal. It's slightly uncomfortable but before I have had it done watching people "suffering" thru a PCR I expected it would hurt like hell or be super uncomfortable but it was no big deal.

To anyone else.. Just how bad does this hurt you?
I'm flying soon and have to take one before I leave and then on a layover in the US before final destination.

I'm flying soon and have to take one before I leave and then on a layover in the US before final destination.
Think it depends in part on the operator and type of swab / test.

For me, it is more discomfort than pain. The good thing every time is that it is much quicker than you imagine it will be while sitting in the chair and fearing the worst waiting for the insertions. Over before you can really process what just happened.

The one in Brazil was a total non-event, like a slight tickle and pressure sensation just inside the nose.

The tests here far more uncomfortable due to the depth/ length of the swabs, the closest it can be described as is a gagging and pressure sensation, with a slight burning sensation afterwards that lingers a while. There is no sugar coating its unpleasantness but it is not painful in comparison to say many dental procedures which leave you aching afterwards.

If they do a throat swab as well then it is like any other throat swab that most people have probably had at some point in their life. It’s the most “pleasant” of the two and definitely not painful, just strange feeling.

If given the choice would rather do a saliva test but in saying that the nose swab is not so bad that I would avoid traveling to avoid having it done.

Hope the level of detail helps you know what could be expected and to feel more comfortable.

For those heading to the UK - arrivals from Argentina (and Brazil etc) banned from Friday and UK citizens / PRs returning from Argentina (and Brazil etc) required to do 10 day quarantine.

Honestly I found it bloody awful but It’s only for less than a minute. Worth it. Don’t stress about it, it’s over so fast

I have had 2 PCRs in Brazil and 1 in BA. At GRU they did nose and throat, at Porto Alegre they only did nose (technician said they no longer require throat); in BA they did both nose and throat. In all cases they used different swaps for the nose and throat, not the same.

Could you please give me more info on Brazil. I may have a changeover in Brazil, probably GRU too, and need to know everything. They ask only test right, no cuarantene as Chile?
For the airport test they have it for departure/arrival? Lines are long? How much it costs? How can one pay? Do you need local reals to pay( I don't have and not sure should I buy)?

Did anybody find a test in Argentina cheaper then 5-6k pesos? How much it costs in airport? Do public hospitals are doing those tests too(not for tourists for residents)?

Did anybody find a test in Argentina cheaper then 5-6k pesos? How much it costs in airport? Do public hospitals are doing those tests too(not for tourists for residents)?
At Sanity Care at EZE is 4720 and apparently ready in 2 hours but is first come, first served and unable to make an appointment.

Back