People fleeing Winter in BA- Is there anyone left?!

Rease

Registered
Is anyone else spending every weekend at despedida after despedida, saying goodbye to all the people who are fleeing from Buenos Aires winter?

I am not a fan of winter but I guess it has never occurred to me to simply escape it by switching hemispheres! Some of my friends have not seen winter in several years.

Do any of you leave for the winter or have friends that do?

I really haven't had any, many people left in march/april though and most of them probally won't return

Most expats probally try to go back to there home country from april to september, it's the nicest time to go back. Besides december for family reasons.

but not all have the resources to spend a month in US/Europe every year.

Winter in BA is like autumn in northern Europe with almost no rainy days.

I really do not think winter is so bad here. It is colder in my hometown, but I do have to admit that the drafty old buildings can be rough!

I know a lot of people skip summer in January and February as well.

I'm the opposite actually, about to have my third winter in a row!! I have this whole thing backwards....!

Last year I went home to California in April, which was sadly still very wintery (unseasonably), came back to BA for all of winter, and left just before Christmas (and just before real bikini season) for the US and then a trip to some very cold and snowy parts of Europe before coming back to BA just in time for the warm weather to pretty much be over, mid-march.

:-( Sometime soon I'm going to have to have to switch this pattern around, I'm a beach bum at heart!

I just fled last week :D And came back to gloriously toasty Florida for the summer. It's in the upper 90s and I've been jumping in the swimming pool every night. I didn't leave *because* of the BA winter, but those rapidly-dropping temps sure did it make it a lot easier for me to get my culo on that plane.

We are going to get some sun energy in the north. Last year we stayed here, and although we had a very nice sunny winter, we thought the winter last forever. The days are very short and sun is low so even if the sun shines it wasn't enough for me.
Now with this horrible autumn here (where is the sun?????) I am really happy to go...

On top of that, Europe sucks in winter. Much nicer in summer!

I like winter a lot. If I had the time, I'd flee Buenos Aires southwards and look for it. It's there somewhere. I know it.

I hate all you people who enjoy a warm weather. Joking, I don't hate you, but here you are getting about eight months of what you like. All I get is a few sparse "winterish" days. Envy... :mad:

katti said:
We are going to get some sun energy in the north. Last year we stayed here, and although we had a very nice sunny winter, we thought the winter last forever. The days are very short and sun is low so even if the sun shines it wasn't enough for me.
Now with this horrible autumn here (where is the sun?????) I am really happy to go...

On top of that, Europe sucks in winter. Much nicer in summer!

Not really summer, but ask someone in Belgium how the last month has been weatherwise in Belgium.

April and may were pretty nice, but that seems the case every single year

Back