People Who Like B.a.

JamJam

Registered
1. Gap yar students living off mummy and daddies money.
"hell of party in Parlermo the other night, then I chundered"

2. USAers who come from a city where there are more shootings a day than buses and subways.
"OMG I love this place, its so like European, there is public transport and you can buy fresh fruit in the stores."

3. Porteños
"La cuidad es hermosa y lo mejor lugar en todo el mundo. No, nunca salí Argentina antes"

4. Brits who hate the UK.
"The weather is bloody marvellous here much better than old blighty plus all the Argentine women think I'm a prince!"

6. Wealthy foreigners who count only people from the upper-class of society as "friends" and hire other people to do things for them, and don't deal with day-to-day crap personally or see the poverty surrounding them, who think the shabby buildings and dirty streets are what most people are referring to when they mention poverty in Argentina. They probably don't even speak Spanish...

BTW - I like BA, on the balance. There's a difference between liking a place, accepting it's faults (and still bitching about them!) and getting on with life, and being blind about a place and defending it no matter what...I'm assuming the latter is what we're talking about, because I sure don't fall into any of the categories so far presented, particularly my #6.

I definitely like BA. Love no, but like yes. Also in none of the above categories. I think porteños complain more about the city than anyone, actually have never met any with views like 3.

6. Wealthy foreigners who count only people from the upper-class of society as "friends" and hire other people to do things for them, and don't deal with day-to-day crap personally or see the poverty surrounding them, who think the shabby buildings and dirty streets are what most people are referring to when they mention poverty in Argentina. They probably don't even speak Spanish...

BTW - I like BA, on the balance. There's a difference between liking a place, accepting it's faults (and still bitching about them!) and getting on with life, and being blind about a place and defending it no matter what...I'm assuming the latter is what we're talking about, because I sure don't fall into any of the categories so far presented, particularly my #6.

Wealthy foreigners live in Mallorca, Marbella, St. Tropez, St. Kitts and other high end resorts. Argentina is a budget travel destination, ask the 5 star hotels about their occupancy???

If money was no object prefer Tuscany Villa Le Piazzole

http://www.tripadvisor.es/VacationRentalReview-g187895-d2577535-Villa_Le_Piazzole_1_of_7-Florence_Tuscany.html

oscana Italy
60.jpg

a nice room for Euros 248 a night..!!

Re: 3 Me neither, am sadly lacking in wealthy foreigner friends too. Will accept applicants however.

Wealthy foreigners live in Mallorca, Marbella, St. Tropez, St. Kitts and other high end resorts. Argentina is a budget travel destination, ask the 5 star hotels about their occupancy???

Tell that to my wealthy friends who live here and absolutely love the place ;) Many of them, for one reason or another, did business down here for years and prefer it here to many other places around the world.

Personally, if I had their kind of money, I wouldn't be living here!

Back