Pepsi Music Festival 2010

Bailey Essrog

Registered
Anybody else as stoked as I am about Rage Against the Machine and Queens of the Stone Age double-billing at the Pepsi Music Festival Oct. 13? This will be my first-ever RATM show and also the band's first visit to Argentina. I just got my ticket the other day. Anyone else going and would like to meet up? Green Day is also performing Oct. 22, and Argentinian artists are also playing throughout the festival. They should be announcing other bands in the weeks ahead!

Pepsi Music Festival 2010

HELL YEAH!! Queens is one of my favorite bands and Green Day...hello!!!

I have tickets to both and I am super super stoked!!

I'd love to see Green Day also, but I'll be out of the country then... They do put on one hell of a show!

Here's a rundown of concerts in Buenos Aires I've got my eyes on for the rest of 2010

Confirmed:

9/19 -- Switchfoot
10/7 -- Linkin Park
10/13 -- Rage Against the Machine
10/13 -- Queens of the Stone Age
10/14 -- Dave Matthews Band
10/9 -- Air
10/22 -- Green Day
11/6 -- Black-Eyed Peas
11/18 -- Smashing Pumpkins
11/27 -- Rammstein

Rumored:

Snow Patrol
Phoenix
Jamiroquai
Massive Attack
Pavement
Of Montreal
Hot Chip

I'm so pumped for RATM! it's going to be out of control..

I'll probably be hitting this by myself... so anyone need any company give me a yell! :D

Bailey Essrog said:
Rumored:

Snow Patrol
Phoenix
Jamiroquai
Massive Attack
Pavement
Of Montreal
Hot Chip

Hot Chip and Phoenix are suppose to come for a festival, aren't they? That would be awesome, although I'd rather see them in a small venue than with a huge crowd in a park... I saw Hot Chip three years ago in Vancouver, it was brilliant, groovy yet very "emotional". For those who follow them since the first record, it's amazing to see they're now a huge live band. "Huge" not in the sense of "stadium status" but in terms of ability to create a very unique experience.

I also saw Phoenix but that was back in 2006 so a few years before they reached worldwide fame. Small venue, great set. If they come to Buenos Aires I'll be sure to get a ticket as I missed their last European tour (it sold out so fast!).

I plan to attend the festival. If anybody wants to meet up let me know. I tried buying tickets online but they don't accept visa or mastercard on the site I was trying to use. What is the best way to purchase tickets to it?

I'm so jealous since I won't be here and would love to see them again. I first saw in Minneapolis when they played a protest gig during the Republican National Convention in 2008. They were in top form, coming on stage in Gitmo prison suits with hoods and shackles.

Too bad I'll be away. Guess I'll just have to accept Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins as lesser consolations.

Enjoy the show!

@Coco, I heard great things about that Minneapolis gig. You'll catch them again sooner or later I'm sure!

@chasemgray, you can buy a ticket at the Hard Rock Cafe in Buenos Aires Design in Recoleta. The service charge is waived when you buy it in person, so this might work out in your favor.

@jaredwb and therealsupa, let's mosh it up! I'll probably be out there solo.

@Robino, I've never gotten to see either Phoenix or Hot Chip live because something always came up, and I'll be missing them again in Buenos Aires because I'll be out of the country by then! They were confirmed for the Hot Festival on Nov. 19: https://shop.tuentrada.com/Online/default.asp?sessionlanguage=ES&brand=HOTFEST

On a side note, I've read rumors of Muse (!!!) touring South America next year, specifically in February, but these are totally unsubstantiated at the moment so I'll keep a lid on my excitement for now.

Snow Patrol are local boys from my home. I will try and find out if this rumour is true, Guest list yes please. ;-)
Bailey Essrog said:
I'd love to see Green Day also, but I'll be out of the country then... They do put on one hell of a show!

Here's a rundown of concerts in Buenos Aires I've got my eyes on for the rest of 2010

Confirmed:

9/19 -- Switchfoot
10/7 -- Linkin Park
10/13 -- Rage Against the Machine
10/13 -- Queens of the Stone Age
10/14 -- Dave Matthews Band
10/9 -- Air
10/22 -- Green Day
11/6 -- Black-Eyed Peas
11/18 -- Smashing Pumpkins
11/27 -- Rammstein

Rumored: