Permanent residency after divorce

Lanick

Registered
Hello. Does anyone have any idea whether you lose your perm residency or not if you divorce your Arg spouse?

Can I apply for the citizenship?
I am not answering your original question (I am not a lawyer). But one thing seems to to be certain: you can apply for citizenship virtually any day after entering Argentina. Once you complete two years (legal or irregular) of residency, you are eligible to get the citizenship.

It’s until 2035. So you saying I’ll lose it in 2035? Can I apply for the citizenship? Many thanks.
If your DNI expires in 2035 (indicatig it was issued in 2020), you undoubtedly have well over two year of residency (aka physical presence in Argentina) and can apply for citizenship on your own (without a lawyer) as soon as you like. At this point, youur marital status should have nothing to do with citizenship, as you are not seeking an "exmemption" from the two year residency requirement based on marriage.

Last edited:
It’s until 2035. So you saying I’ll lose it in 2035? Can I apply for the citizenship? Many thanks.
Yes you can and I suggest you do. You do not need a lawyer having permanent residency.

Back