Permanent residency - problem...

IamWaldo

Registered
Hi,

First of all thanks for all the tips that I read on this forum.
Really useful, and so happy I found this forum.
I travelled around a bit, and finally landed in Argentina.
I really like it and since i am getting paid from the USA with dollars it's a good life here.
I wanted to apply for permanent/temporary residency, but there's a small problem..
I was convicted in 2017/2018 for a criminal offence in Europe ( i am EU citizen) and the offence
is to big to get a 'good conduct' paper..
I would really like to settle here, and the only way that I saw as a 'workaround' was leave the country every 90 days and come with the same boat back and just get a new tourist visa.
Are there any other ways to get a more permanent solution?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Well.. although I am not a lawyer, I would say that the solution you propose won’t be viable for the long term.
Perhaps you need a lawyer …

Another option is to just overstay your tourist visa and pay a fine when you leave if you do need to exit the country

Well.. although I am not a lawyer, I would say that the solution you propose won’t be viable for the long term.
Perhaps you need a lawyer …
I searched for some lawyers, but when i e-mail or call they are not replying.. any tips?

I searched for some lawyers, but when i e-mail or call they are not replying.. any tips?
Well, what I would recommend is a lot of patience and perhaps you need to contact them more than once…..
… but, be mindful that if they don’t respond ….then, you need to find another solution…
I would try contacting them twice, with a few days between the two times you contact them.
Also, it is school vacation right now, so they might be traveling with their family.

I like the idea of just overstaying, would I be eligeble at one point to get a 'legal' status inside the country?

You need a solid, legal answer to that question and I can’t speak to that…..
Hopefully others can.
And also, because I don’t know any details of your conviction, I certainly can’t speak to that..
I wish you good luck.

Back