Permission to leave Argentina with Child

Celia said:
It appears it's to do with country of residence rather than country of birth.....

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1130.html#entry_requirements

....Children under 18 years of age who reside in Argentina, regardless of nationality, are required to present a notarized document that certifies both parents' permission for the child's departure from Argentina when the child is traveling alone, with only one parent, or in someone else's custody.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I had dinner last night with some residence of Argentina who are US citizens and this seems to be the general consensus...so I´m confident that we will be ok (by the way my son is only 5 so he would not be able to go through alone)...we are planning on going to Uruguay next weekend so I will let you all know how it goes. Although, someone did bring up the question on what qualifies residence here. They thought that it could still be an issue depending on how long you are in Argentina regardless of whether you or your child has a DNI (defacto residence??). Anyway, thanks again for your help...what a great forum!

Back