Peronist loyalty day Saturday October 17. (Tomorrow).

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Heads up everybody. Tomorrow is Peronist Loyalty Day. In case you’re not familiar with it. Here's a newspaper article on its origin. It has to do with the birth of the Peronist movement. Back then in 1945 the huge crowds coming in support of Juan Perón might have been genuine. But tomorrow’s crowds are going to be far from it.
The current Peronist government is walking on thin ice due to the lousy economy compounded by the Covid virus. They’re going to try to drum up support by bringing into the city the poor and disenfranchised from the shantytowns and the poorer sections of the provinces. They usually pay them $500 pesos a ahead plus a choripan lunch thrown in for good measure with a free round trip included.
I live near the Constitucion train station. I’ve seen them come in and get paid by organizers after getting off the trains. They also pack them into school buses and drop them off around the city. It’s very sad that this canard is still going on in the 21 century. If you live outside the city you might be impressed by the huge turnout and think that the crowds you see in the press are genuine. But they’re not.
it’s all orchestrated to make themselves look like they're doing a wonderful job and that they have huge overwhelming support.

Last edited:
Heads up everybody. Tomorrow is Peronist Loyalty Day. In case you’re not familiar with it. Here's a newspaper article on its origin. It has to do with the birth of the Peronist movement. Back then in 1945 the huge crowds coming in support of Juan Perón might have been genuine. But tomorrow’s crowds are going to be far from it.
The current Peronist government is walking on thin ice due to the lousy economy compounded by the Covid virus. They’re going to try to drum up support by bringing into the city the poor and disenfranchised from the shantytowns and the poorer sections of the provinces. They usually pay them $500 pesos a ahead plus a choripan lunch thrown in for good measure with a free round trip included.
I live near the Constitucion train station. I’ve seen them come in and get paid by organizers after getting off the trains. They also pack them into school buses and drop them off around the city. It’s very sad that this canard is still going on in the 21 century. If you live outside the city you might be impressed by the huge turnout and think that the crowds you see in the press are genuine. But they’re not.
it’s all orchestrated to make themselves look like they're doing a wonderful job and that they have huge overwhelming support.
They (The Peronist camp) are going to need all the loyalty they can get with the unfreezing of electrical and gas rates coming this December!

Imagine if Cambiemos had the same kind of “loyalty” rally? They would be labeled as neo-nazis and there would be arguments saying that they should be banned for spreading “odio” and trying to make a coup. Opposing voices cannot even protest specific (Peronist) government actions without incurring such a reaction.

This is the face of the great double standard of Argentine political discourse/ monologue.

Meanwhile the “upper“ classes of peronism watch on TV from their comfortable apartments in Palermo, Recoletta, Puerto Madero, Villa Devoto, Chacarita etc patting themselves on the back for making the lives of the perma-poor so much better thinking to themselves “See! Look at all those people. They can’t be wrong. We are backing the right team. I think I’ll go to an assadito now”

Imagine if Cambiemos had the same kind of “loyalty” rally? They would be labeled as neo-nazis and there would be arguments saying that they should be banned for spreading “odio” and trying to make a coup. Opposing voices cannot even protest specific (Peronist) government actions without incurring such a reaction.

This is the face of the great double standard of Argentine political discourse/ monologue.

Meanwhile the “upper“ classes of peronism watch on TV from their comfortable apartments in Palermo, Recoletta, Puerto Madero, Villa Devoto, Chacarita etc patting themselves on the back for making the lives of the perma-poor so much better thinking to themselves “See! Look at all those people. They can’t be wrong. We are backing the right team. I think I’ll go to an assadito now”
ODIO ODIO y ODIO

Sounds like the old democrats vs republicans thing. Point being, politics are the same everywhere. Just change the labels and the culture and you have the same, exact stuff. Why is that? Because human nature is basically the same when you remove the exterior (different races) and the culture (different countries). The basic emotions of greed lust fear hate etc ... all there.

If you understand human behavior, you have a huge leg up on understanding the vast majority of civilization and interaction.

Having lived many years in the Provincia... Many young provincianos Have NEVER been to Capital..! so a free bus trip plus some cash and a choripan makes a lot of sense

Having lived many years in the Provincia... Many young provincianos Have NEVER been to Capital..! so a free bus trip plus some cash and a choripan makes a lot of sense
A free bus and a choripan is one thing, but cash is another. It’s exploitation of the most vulnerable in society for political gains.
If you actually cared you’d give them the free bus and choripan any day of the week.

Back