"personal" Cellphone With No Monthly Plan Question

I recently switched to Quam and for me it's the best prepaid service: for 100 AR$ you get 1.5gig Internet, 100 minutes calls and 5000 SMS for 1 month. So far, everything works fine: they don't charge random stuff, recharging with an Argentine credit card (can be one of your friends) is super easy and the whole process is very straightforward (one can just recharge 500 AR$, which is added to your balance and every month they take 100 AR$ out and book a monthly package automatically.). Only downside is the internet speed, as it's Argentina...

I recently switched to Quam and for me it's the best prepaid service: for 100 AR$ you get 1.5gig Internet, 100 minutes calls and 5000 SMS for 1 month. So far, everything works fine: they don't charge random stuff, recharging with an Argentine credit card (can be one of your friends) is super easy and the whole process is very straightforward (one can just recharge 500 AR$, which is added to your balance and every month they take 100 AR$ out and book a monthly package automatically.). Only downside is the internet speed, as it's Argentina...

Were you able to keep your phone number?

Thanks, Bob

sounds like a dream come true as you described.

now i have a 24 month contract with personal!

Were you able to keep your phone number?
That was not relevant to me, so I didn't check it. I'd assume it's not possible as you just buy/order a SIM card with a fixed number and activate it and Quam only offers the one prepaid service.

I'm not sure if my new Personal phone is locked. When you switched to Quam did you need to go to a place to unlock your phone? Or do you just put the the new SIM card in it.

That's phone dependent - I bought my phone in Europe w/o Simlock, so I could just put the SIM card into it, activate it and it worked.

I'm not sure if my new Personal phone is locked. When you switched to Quam did you need to go to a place to unlock your phone? Or do you just put the the new SIM card in it.

Your cell phone bought at personal is blocked.

@thorsten, seems like Quam is now Tuenti..? How's it been working out for you so far? I'm looking to get something similar and am interested in the plan you described.

Back