Personal Electronics

Jerbo

Registered
There are all sorts of rumors and speculations among the gringos I know in reference to importation of electronics into Argentina.

Here is my question:

Is there anything illegal and/or unethical about bringing in electronics, declaring them at customs and paying the attendant tax?

There are all sorts of rumors and speculations among the gringos I know in reference to importation of electronics into Argentina.

Here is my question:

Is there anything illegal and/or unethical about bringing in electronics, declaring them at customs and paying the attendant tax?
No. I do it all the time (for personal use - not in quantities for resale).

I'm thinking about taking my laptop with me to the States when I visit at the end of the year. I'm not a tourist anymore, so I wonder how strict they are with taking your personal electronics with you and bringing them back.

Has anyone declared their laptop before leaving to not get hassled on the way back? Or is that not really necessary?

I'm thinking about taking my laptop with me to the States when I visit at the end of the year. I'm not a tourist anymore, so I wonder how strict they are with taking your personal electronics with you and bringing them back.

Has anyone declared their laptop before leaving to not get hassled on the way back? Or is that not really necessary?

Get a new one when you are back home and sell either the old one or the new one when you get back,,'

They didn't let me declare anything, when I asked,and never they asked anything on return. I guess is different if you have bag full of macs..

They didn't let me declare anything, when I asked,and never they asked anything on return. I guess is different if you have bag full of macs..
Same here. Last time I left Argentina (by land) I asked customs if I needed to declare my laptop. Their answer was no.

Back