Personal plan without contract

Fuyi

Registered
I brought an iPhone back from the states, and I'd like to get a good data plan to use with it. I'd like to go with Personal since most people I know use them, but they say that they require an 18 month contract for their plans... Doesn't make alot of sense to me since I already have the phone. Claro have some workaround where they can sign you up to one cheaper plan with no contract then change you over. Anyone know if there's anything that can be done with Personal?

In the end I went with an Argentine friend who managed to extract the truth from them :rolleyes:. The plans are 18 months but it's just a small fee to stop it. Previously they had all told me that if I wanted to terminate the contract I'd have to pay the remaining months in their entirity.

Fuyi said:
Claro have some workaround where they can sign you up to one cheaper plan with no contract then change you over.
Got any details on this?

And is Personal that much better than Claro?

Yea, in the branch in Alto Palermo they signed me up for a contract on a 40 peso plan, cancelled it immediately, and said that in a few days I can go back and they will move me over to a different plan. Anyway I went with an argentine friend to the main Personal branch in Callao and apparently the price to cancel a contract is minimal.

Why Personal is better... No idea. As a prepaid customer I'm equally suspicious of all of them with regards to how they bill you, but most people I know are on Personal.

Back