Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bought it at a pet store

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Adopted from a shelter in BA

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other- please explain in the comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
2 "others", a dog we adopted from a family (found on adoption website) and a cat that was a stray kitten.

have a labrador that I later found out I had rescued from a "pedigree" breeder. the dog was kicked and beaten and never socialized with people, only other dogs. she lived in a cage outside until 4 months of age, when i got her.
after a year of love and proper socialization, she is just starting to feel at ease. however poor thing still runs and hides when she hears "boots".
i guess what i'm saying is a street dog can have less issues than a breeder's dog...but with the right care and time, any dog can come around.

I have a question, what do you guys feed your pets? I am struggling with finding good pet food for my cat, right now I am cooking her food and just in case I don't miss on any vitamins, I give her a drop of that awful dried food that caused her kidney problems. She has gotten better, but man I don't trust those vet's, they are kind of behind with pet care and very pricey. Is there a holistic pet store around here? I haven't had any luck finding any. Am I the only one who feeds there cat homemade food? I don't share this concern with locals because an eyebrow goes up. jajaja.

I have three groups of dogs :
- My dogs "family" : mine, miens, meinen, whatever!
- Occasional dogs I take to my house to find a new family for them (was recently a beagle which has now found a new home)
- The street dogs (perros de todos, perros de nadie) : feeding actually like 15 of them.

--> I'm in-between one and two tons of dog food buys in one year (lol).

Back to the street dogs : if you want a dog, consider asking me, I have plenty to offer (they won't mind having a new "owner" believe me - hate this word in this context).
Right now, I can propose :
- A mix of a German sheperd (female), about 6/7 years old, with a starting displasy (quite common on German sheperds but obviously in 3/4 years she'll have difficulties walking = that's honest to tell). On the good side, I know her very well = she's utterly sweet & stable (submissive with humans but without being frightened, obviously though she's been hit by human hands = lowers her head if you raise your hand to caress her). She's submissive too with males but quite territorial with females. All in all = a very stable & balanced German sheperd mix, with a very stable personality (that's important) & seeking contacts with humans (good too) & who would get killed to protect you if you protect her (and she's already grown-up & quite smart = no training needed for her to protect you)....
This dog sleeps near the security booth of my "gated community" (funny name) and she starts crossing RN8 right in front (She'll end up killed by a car within 3 months. I can't take her).
- Puppies of a weird origin (they'll find a family, they're puppies)
- A couple of dogs (they always are together) : a male similar to an Akita (very dominant with males but very submissive with humans) + his girlfriend who is a small black dog with prognatis.
- A female dog about 4 years old, a monument of sweetness but so shy she's afraid of everything (other dogs easily steal her food furthermore).

Etc. etc. !

If anyone is interested, I can bring the dog(s) anywhere in Capital and if it does not work after one week, I can take it/them back. (I can post pics too).

We got our kitty Billy from the Tornú Hospital in Villa Ortuzar. It's one of those funky old 1920's style hospitals with those spooky 2 story buildings with outdoor corridors spread out over a large grassy campus. There are all of these cats that live there and are well cared for by the some members of the staff. My partner works there and Billy had been following him around the place for a while and one day he brought him home. He is the most wonderful, sweet and fun tiger striped kitty!
http://baexpats.org/members/davidglen77-albums-my-cat-billy.html

Lee said:
Cats are evil and have no souls...although they will gladly take yours much like vampires if you make the mistake of inviting them into your home.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

Ha ha Lee, from seeing your responses and posts on this board over the last couple of years, I am not going to get angry with you because I know your type of personality is one that says inflamatory things to try and get a response out of people, all I have to say is YOU SMELL and your MOTHER WEARS COMBAT BOOTS!

Back