Ph (Propiedad Horizontal) - Pros And Cons?

Another question: do most people use a real estate agent here? How does it work, do you pay commission if you have an agent, or does only the seller pay commission? Wondering if it would make sense to get an agent...

The comission is 6% of the final price of the transaction divided into two, the buyer and the one who sells. That means 3%. The honest agents, because there are some who ask for 4%...

Another question: do most people use a real estate agent here? How does it work, do you pay commission if you have an agent, or does only the seller pay commission? Wondering if it would make sense to get an agent...

The commission varies depending on the agency. Remax Argentina, for example, charges both the buyer and seller.

We bought our place through a listing on http://www.duenovende.com.ar/, and managed to avoid commissions.

Some downsides are that a lot of PHs are very old, and this means they are in absolutely terrible shape. It's rare to find one in great shape, and they tend to collect humidity and have lots of issues. A PH is still safer than a house, but not quite as safe as an apartment. Personally, I don't think you should live your life based on fear. If you want a PH, put in an alarm system is you are so concerned.

Personally, I wished I lived in a PH as I am getting tired of apartment life.

Some downsides are that a lot of PHs are very old, and this means they are in absolutely terrible shape. It's rare to find one in great shape, and they tend to collect humidity and have lots of issues. A PH is still safer than a house, but not quite as safe as an apartment. Personally, I don't think you should live your life based on fear. If you want a PH, put in an alarm system is you are so concerned.

Personally, I wished I lived in a PH as I am getting tired of apartment life.

Our PH in Congreso has serious humidity problems, but there's also the issue of others' unwillingness to improve the common areas.

Humidity tends to be a really big problem. A friend of mine has spent a huge amount of money and had to tear up floors/walls, etc to deal with it. And yes, they're usually very old and probably haven't had a lot of maintenance done. So caveat emptor for sure!

I've lives in PHs for 4 years and I'd never do it any other way.

Yep - another PH here with humidity problems - oh and flooding, don't forget to ask neighbours about the high water mark!
Still, could never go back to apartment living.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Expat Life 0
Back